Newb TTC #1

ekan91716

Reaction score
Hey y'all! Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. 30 year old newlywed here and trying to conceive baby number 1. We quit trying so stringently to prevent pregnancy in February, all together in June, and actively tried to start conceiving in August. Being 30 years old trying to conceive my first baby makes me so nervous. I've been doing all the "to-do's" and I know it doesn't always happen right away but I think like most women my age... I have the typical fears and last month when the red river came, I'm not gonna lie... as silly as it was... I got upset. Thought this might help, while also not taking all of the sparkle out of doing the deed for my new hubby via me verbally obsessing about it... after a couple weeks of lurking of course.

Also - any help on what all of these acronyms mean would be SUPER helpful.

Supposed to see red river Oct 5-7 and according to early response and my flakey lengthed cycle (anywhere from 26-29 days) I can take a test either Sept 30 or Oct 2.

Hi welcome to BNB!:wave: Glad you decided to join us! Good luck to you! :yellow::dust:

Hi ekan, welcome! This is a great place to get support throughout your ttc journey. Hopefully its a short one for you ;)

Acronyms:

CD- cycle day
BD- baby dance (sex)
TTC- trying to conceive
AF- Aunt Flow (your period)
BFN - big fat negative (negative pregnancy test)
BFP - big fat positive
OPK - ovulation predictor kit
DH/OH/DP - Dear husband, Oh husband, Dear partner
DPO - days post ovulation
O - ovulation
GL - good luck
Fx - fingers crossed

Those are just the basic ones that I can think of currently. When you join some of the groups you will quickly pick it up :)

Hi ekan, welcome! This is a great place to get support throughout your ttc journey. Hopefully its a short one for you ;)

Acronyms:

CD- cycle day
BD- baby dance (sex)
TTC- trying to conceive
AF- Aunt Flow (your period)
BFN - big fat negative (negative pregnancy test)
BFP - big fat positive
OPK - ovulation predictor kit
DH/OH/DP - Dear husband, Oh husband, Dear partner
DPO - days post ovulation
O - ovulation
GL - good luck
Fx - fingers crossed

Those are just the basic ones that I can think of currently. When you join some of the groups you will quickly pick it up :)

Thank you Aphy - fingers crossed!!

Appreciate the welcome yall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back