Newbie and not ovulating...should I go to the doctor?

Vad88

Reaction score
I stopped taking my Yazmin at the very beginning of Aug. I didn't chart or anything until Oct to give my body a little time to adjust. Oct I charted and never ovulated and now Nov is here and I still didn't ovulate yet and don't think I'm going to because I'm having PMS and cramping. I've been sure to chart my BBT and use OPK's this month so I wouldn't miss it and nothing has happened and on my OPK test strips I get the same faint line every day. My cycles have been 26,33,22. With not ovulating the last two months for sure and my cycles being so irregular should I go to the doctor and get some blood work done or wait a few more cycles to let my body try and regulate its self? I have been on some form of birth contorl for almost 10 years. If I do go to the Dr. what should I make sure I ask to be checked out? I have hypothyroidism but I had that tested a few weeks ago and it was normal. Any tips you ladies have would be very much appreciated.

I spoke to my doctor about it because I started freaking out!!. . . she said it can take up to about 5 months to return, so maybe wait a little bit longer?
or if your feeling impatient (I know how impatient I am after 2 months lol!!) Just go and see what they say? it might be different at your doctors?
just ask how long it will take to start again (act dumb?) lol
and how long do you have to be not ovulating for, for it to become something they will do something about?

GL hun and let me know how it goes, because I'm terrified of not ovulating again :(

:hugs:

I would go now, just saying that based on my experience, I was on yasmin for around 10 years and came off August 2010, still not pg, still here ttc #1. I had a few far between periods and then they stopped completely, I stopped ovulating (my doc thought I was ovulating at they start because he said if you dont ovulate, you dont get a perod) Which is true for me now as I always have to force my periods with provera as I dont ovulate .....BUT I have read on here that apparently some girls can get periods and not ovulate so better to ask, than be left wondering, I hope you get some answers and I hope you dont have to go through what I have

I swear I blame that pill for this :(

Good luck huni :)

I would def go to the dr! I have really wonky periods - super irregular and the cycle lengths were ridiculous! I went to my Dr and was told that I don't Ov - even though I did get my period. Better safe than sorry, and it's better to get it fixed when you first notice it rather than later down the road.

GL hun! :dust:

I rang my doctor about it and she said to just sit and wait it out for a month or two . . . you think I should go back?

Try taking B-Complex and Vitex.

Vitex works on the pituitary to help regulate hormones. B vit deficiencies are common after being on the OCP.

No harm in chatting to your doctor but 3/4 months isn't long. I stopped in March and my cycles have been all over the place. Started Vitex and B complex this month and just got my +OPK on cd11, last cycle I ov'd Cd27!

Vitex tincture is best. Add 20 drops to water every morning.

It can take a few months for vitex to have it's full affect.

Good luck

Try taking B-Complex and Vitex.

Vitex works on the pituitary to help regulate hormones. B vit deficiencies are common after being on the OCP.

No harm in chatting to your doctor but 3/4 months isn't long. I stopped in March and my cycles have been all over the place. Started Vitex and B complex this month and just got my +OPK on cd11, last cycle I ov'd Cd27!

Vitex tincture is best. Add 20 drops to water every morning.

It can take a few months for vitex to have it's full affect.

Good luck

thanks!! where do you get Vitex tincture from?

You should be able to buy it from Holland and Barrett or other good health store. or try online.

As i said ideally get tincture.

If you take B complex you wan 50-200mg. I take 100mg.

Good luck

thank you lovely!! will have a look soon! :) lots of :dust: to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->