Newbie here

Casper72

Reaction score
Never thought Id be joining this forum but here I am. Our baby boy arrived on thursday at 30+3 weeks while we are on vacation to disneyland. We live in washington state but but are now here in california indefinitely. Baby has to get strong enough to come home so at least a month here probably longer. Baby is doing well considering but its still scary and makes me sad. I feel like he was ripped away from me too soon. I miss feeling his movements inside me. How do you ladies deal with all of it plus the changing hormones?

Congratulations ! Sounds like he wanted to see Disney too ;)
The first few days are the hardest but you will manage, you will. :hugs: soon you will be able to do more for him, nappy changes, feeds and cuddles and that does make it slightly easier

I am from washington too. How is the nicu there? My daughter is at the uw! I am sorry your going through that. How is he doing so far?

Sorry to hear he decided to come during vacation. I'm sure its hard being so far from home. Praying he gets big and healthy quick! How much did he weigh ?

Prayers for you and your baby.

Im sure everything will be fine though. The doctors and nurses know what they are doing.

Here is the story of my nephew, hopefully it will give you more hope in what the doctors do!

My nephew was born at 27 weeks. he weighed 1lb. You know the thing in infant car seats that supports the head of the baby? Well his entire body fit into that. Beanie baby monkey was bigger than him. The nurses couldnt even change his diaper like you would a normal baby because they didnt want his head being tilted even the slightest bit.

At 2 weeks old, he had open heart surgery. They werent sure if he would make it but it was the only way. At 3 weeks old, he had a level 3 brain bleed. They said if he healed him it, he would most likely have severe lasting effects.
At 20 weeks old, he was finally 9lbs and able to go home. He was hooked to several wires and tubes and machines.

At a year old, he learned to sit up.

Now, at 2 years old, he is no longer on any machines. He still has them 'just in case'. But he has learned to walk and talk and has no apparent mental problems. he is now a healthy toddler. =]]

So I hope that story gives you some hope. That even though things seem awful now, they could always be worse. But through Gods love, and the care and training that the doctors and nurses have, they preform miracles.

Good luck to you and your new family!

Congratulations on your little one. I hope he has a quick and uneventful stay in the NICU. Just take one day at a time. :hugs:

Congrats on your beautiful baby boy!

I completely understand what you mean about feeling sad and missing him inside you. My little one was born at just under 24 weeks gestation and I have to admit that I had all those feelings too. There is so much going on your head and so many feelings right now. I was so scared for her, felt guilty that I couldn't stop her from being born so early, over-joyed that she survived, fear for her future, overwhelming sadness for the loss of the pregnancy, and anger for the unfairness of it all. These are all natural feelings... they will start to fade and you will start to feel like your old self again.

My advice is to let yourself feel them... cry if you need to, scream if you need to... let it out. And celebrate all the good feelings!!!

I am from washington too. How is the nicu there? My daughter is at the uw! I am sorry your going through that. How is he doing so far?

Hi there are you still at the UW? We are still stuck in CA at UCI Medical Ctr. Jaxen is doing well. He needs to eat, grow and learn how to bf before we can come home to WA.

goodto hear he is doing well.
my lo was in nicu for 2 1/2 months. I learned to hold my breath and count to 10 while thinking about work. Then I would go my car and cry and scream for an hour. Of course my lo's heart kept stopping so it made me nuts. he did grow out of it. There is usually a support group at the hospital but otherwise I sugguest getting to know the other parents while there. It makes everything allot easier when you can share it.

DHime wow Im so sorry! Suddely I feel.fortunate that other than being early Jaxen is otherwise healthy. I shudder at the thought of what his medical expenses will be. Do you hav.e health insurance?

well i did for a while but it only covered 70%. My job finally fired me when my maternity leave was up and I couldn't return. so now we r on medicaid. nicu is pricey but if he is there for a full 2 mo. the bill is likely around 80k - to 100k.
just keep on praying that nothing else shows up. nicu can be a bit of a tango sometimes. 2 steps forward - 1 step back - 2 steps back - 2 steps forward. in other words: a roller-coaster in its own right. I personally believe that NICU's should come with an onsite therapist to help with the stress of the parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->