NEWBIE needing cycle opinions/advice from all u experts!!!

lilofred

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I have just started this forum and after reading a lot of posts i am keen to hear what you guys think about my cycles- am i normal or not? lol... You all seem like real experts!!!

In prep for ttc i came off my pill (microgynon) in October 2010 after about 9 years & have been using condoms ever since. Had withdrawal bleed end of October shortly after coming off pill

No period in November

Started taking folic acid start of December!!! Had what i presume was my first 'real' period on 4th December for approx 5 days.

Period 23rd January for approx 5 days

No period in February

Period 19th March for approx 5 days

I am going to start trying for baby at start of april!!!and trying to pin point when the best time to get pregnant is???Is ovulation the only time that we can get pregnant or does it just increase your chances of getting pregnant???

Also not sure whether it is a positive that my periods have returned after coming off pill or whether it is a negative that they are not coming every 28 days.Would my cycles be considered irregular and how does this affect ovulation??

Sorry of this is random but im just a curious newbie. xxxxxxxxxxxx

WELCOME! okay, where to start....:)

as of now, your cycles are considered irregular because you aren't having them every month. hopefully in a few months your cycle will regulate-so don't worry, taking b/c for a long time and then stopping can cause irregular cycles!

it is positive that your periods are coming back, and its only negative if they continue being irregular because I'm pretty sure that means you aren't ovulating which is how/when you get preggo.

you can only conceive when you ovulate because that's when you release an egg to be fertilized! Hope i could help!

PS: a 28 day cycle is just ideal. you don't have to have a period every 28 days to be normal! Mine are anywhere from 31-37

i agree with usmc wife

it took me about 2 months or so before my periords regualted out.

keep track of them...
track your start dates and lenth... also you can start looking for changes in your cervical mucus.... if you are ready to start monitoring for your o then you may want to start with cheapie ovulation predictors...

ovulation is when the egg is released, sooo having sex around and on ovulation time is best...

Thanks ladies... you are very helpful and have confirmed what i was thinking (irregular periods but hopefully due to comin off pill). After reading ovulation posts i do believe that i o each month because i would have one week in the month that would be more wet/dischargy with cramps in my stomach???is this ovulation? Can i ovulate the months that i have missed my period??? are there any opk that you would recommend and are they easy to work? some posts are making me confused lol

that would sure sound like ovulation LOL

to be honest i use the cheapie dip kind if the line is as dark or darker your about to o

i also use the CBFM (clear Blue fertility monitor) i use it in the mornings and the opks in teh afternoon... i love my monitor.. it has helped me narrow my body cycle down alot...

i have 35 day cycles and o around day 24/25... sooooo i was originally testing at the wrong time and missing my o and being very very frustrated but it helped me alot...

alot of ladies use bbt thermometers and temp and chart everymorning... i don't jsut purely out of oops i forgot again and again and again....

Had noticed the discharge/ pains etc...and did not know wot was goin on but wen i came on here i thought it sounded like O. (happy days)!!! I'm thinking i will just have lots of BD when get feelings like this again!
The ovulation kits sound very complicated-
would i need to test it every day initially and has this to be done twice a day? What is the monitor for? Sorry for all these ques

I am also wondering the same questions.
I have been taking my temp for over a month and just waiting for the peak so i know when I O...
I have also come off the pill about 2 months ago and still trying to find out when I O.
Where do you get the fertility monitor from???
I'm not a very patient person when it comes to charting all this temp stuff and all. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->