• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Newbie... Would LOVE some insight... PLEASE!!

TTC n Hopeful

Reaction score
So my first month of TTC didn't work. We were NTNP for the last 4 years and now I have baby fever and want a baby NOW! lol. So I see a lot of people taking a lot of different things. I'm told I have to actively be trying for a certain amount of time before any help can be offered. I have had endometriosis in the past. I haven't been checked for it in a couple years because I haven't had any symptoms so basically I put it out of my mind. I'm currently taking vitex, PABA, prenatals and Mucinex. I've seen people mention preseed, primrose oil, grapefruit juice and a lot of others. Can someone fill me in on what you take and why. I'm just now beginning to chart. Is there a certain thermometer or will any do? Also I use CBE digi OPK's, I've never paid attention to my cycle till last month honestly. I found out I had a 35d cycle and I got my smiley on CD 21. I'm still trying to find out how the ovulation thing works as well. If I got my smiley on CD 21 and CD 22 and a neg on CD23 then did I ovulate on CD 23? Please help. Any information is gladly accepted!!!

This is what I did.

--used preseed
--used an ovulation microscope to identify ferning
--used fertilityfriend
--used a basal body thermometer to temp at the same time daily
--used both digital and cheapie ovulation strips three times daily
--charted cervical mucus

--sex every day during fertile week--legs in air for ten minutes

I am:

BBT charting
Opk's wondfo
Opk's clearblue digital
BD two days up to O, day O is predicted, day after O.

Taking vitex, vitamin B6 and red raspberry leaf supplement in addition to a prenatal.

Might use progesterone after O this time as last month's luteal phase was short but I don't know if that's normal as last month was my first one ttc too and it was my first month off bcp.

Good luck!

This is what I did.

--used preseed
--used fertilityfriend
--charted cervical mucus

Ok I'm about to prove how little I do know. What's preseed and why do you use it? I began using FF about a week ago. I think I haven't been doing it right because I don't temp the same time everyday just as soon as I wake up I temp. I chose the digi because I'm not sure I could tell by the line ones. Should I be testing more than once a day? And about CM. I haven't even checked that. I've noticed I have a lot more during my smiley days but that's all. I guess I should have researched a lot more because I don't know too much!

I am:

BBT charting
Opk's wondfo
Opk's clearblue digital
BD two days up to O, day O is predicted, day after O.

Taking vitex, vitamin B6 and red raspberry leaf supplement in addition to a prenatal.

Might use progesterone after O this time as last month's luteal phase was short but I don't know if that's normal as last month was my first one ttc too and it was my first month off bcp.

Good luck!

So would O be the day I didn't get the smiley? We BD the 2nd day of the smiley the day after when I didn't get a smiley and the day after that. I think I did it all wrong. I've heard coming off bcp can really be tricky. Good luck and lots of baby dust!!

This is what I did.

--used preseed
--used fertilityfriend
--charted cervical mucus

YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!! Thanks for that! i have to ask though! did you find the microscope or the ovulation strips to be more accurate? i have both but not sure which is best?!@?!?

This is what I did.

--used preseed
--used fertilityfriend
--charted cervical mucus

YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!! Thanks for that! i have to ask though! did you find the microscope or the ovulation strips to be more accurate? i have both but not sure which is best?!@?!?

Both for me were very accurate. When you look for ferning, it's really obvious when it's happening. The microscope was cheap too.. I think it was best for me to use both.

This is what I did.

--used preseed
--used fertilityfriend
--charted cervical mucus

Ok I'm about to prove how little I do know. What's preseed and why do you use it? I began using FF about a week ago. I think I haven't been doing it right because I don't temp the same time everyday just as soon as I wake up I temp. I chose the digi because I'm not sure I could tell by the line ones. Should I be testing more than once a day? And about CM. I haven't even checked that. I've noticed I have a lot more during my smiley days but that's all. I guess I should have researched a lot more because I don't know too much!

Preseed is lube that is sperm friendly, because normal lube isn't good for sperm. Preseed mimics fertile cervical mucus, so I think it helps the sperm go where they're supposed to go.

Yes--temp at the same exact time each day. It's best to set an alarm. I used a digital basal body thermometer. Should be a "basal" though.

CM--I just used a bit of toilet paper to check, and it's easy to tell when you have ewcm.

Yes--you will have more during your smiley days b/c you're ovulating, or about to ovulate.

Okay, so I used the smiley face ovulation predictor. I used that one once or twice each day, but I also used the cheapies. I was obsessive about not missing ovulation! The strips aren't that hard to read, but there was one time where I wasn't sure if it was positive, but then got the smiley face, baby danced, and had my son, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"