Newborn Choking on Saliva while Sleeping

Abigail123

Reaction score
My 3w.o has been ok so far but at times whether sitting at an angle or on a flat crib, she chokes on her saliva and we often have to rub her back until she calms down.

This has only happened when we have been about/awake during the day.

However, I couldn't sleep one night after feeding LO that I just lay in bed awake watching her sleep, LOs Next2Me crib beside me when all of a sudden, she began choking on her saliva.
I panicked and grabbed her to soothe her until it passes and I haven't been able to sleep for the past 2 days.
She did it twice in the same night so my nerves are shattered and purchased a TT movement mat for a little bit of peace of mind, I'd rather have a false alarm than no alarm at all.

Has anyone else experienced this - am I overreacting and she can get out of this picked herself and I can relax a little or should I see the doctor on tuesday?

My nerves are wrecked and all I can do is Google for solutions but there's scarily not too many about this issue :nope:

Sorry you are dealing with this. My daughter did something similar when she was a newborn and it ended up being acid reflux. She had to be put on meds and eventually grew out of it but it freaked me out. She used to projectile vomit all her food up as well with that. I hope you get some peace of mind soon. I took a video tape of her episodes to the doctor to explain it better. The medicine helped. I hope your doctor can find out what is going on as well. good luck!

Sound to me like she has reflux.

I've seen my son's mouth fill with clear liquid and him choke as he couldn't swallow it :(

Definitely go to the doctors as they can give medication to help deal with tummy acid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->