Newborn Christmas,

youngmummy94

Tylers Mummy !
Reaction score
Hey girls just popping over from teen pregnancy :D

For all you girls who have had your LO's close to christmas, did you get them any presents?

I'm stuck on what to do as my LO is due on Dec 2nd, and I feel weird not buying him anything, even though he won't understand anyway iykwim?

Any suggestions?

I know exactly what you mean! Isaac isnt even going to be old enough for proper presents. So far I've gotten him a "Baby's First Christmas" stocking & an outfit for him to wear on christmas day... but no clue what else to get him.

It's always a good idea to think ahead though - my mum bought Isaac a Jungle Jumperoo and he loves it! Can't remember when he first used it but maybe a month and a half? He's been holding his head really well since he was born, but you could get Tyler something like that. He just wont be able to play with it right away. :)

Shiah was born on dec. 21st and we didnt get her anything..

I probably wouldn't, maybe a 'Baby's 1st Christmas' tree decoration or keepsake or something

My nephew was born Dec 19th. My sister got him a 'baby's 1st christmas' bear, some teething rings (for later), a pack of diapers, and some black & white newborn picture cards. I cant remember if she did a stocking or not. We definitely wanted to do something though, because when he looks back at pictures, we want him to see gifts.
(plus, he came home Christmas Eve, after a few days in newborn ICU... We were pretty excited to have him home!)

you could get a babies first christmas ornament or something

I got Edie a Christmas ornament, a bear, a few clothes and a really nice edition of the night before Christmas since I planned on reading it to her every year.

I dont even think Hollie will understand Christmas, she will be almost 1 and she will never remember what she got, but we're still getting her stuff more for our sake than hers haha, I like the story idea, Hollie loves a story book, I got her 'Santa got Stuck' from tesco and she love's it :)

i love the book idea! Charlie was born on the 17th dec. i didnt get her anything just a nice card that we have kept.

because i didn't know whether i was having a boy or girl unitl Kaya was born i went bad after she was born and bought a whole load of girls clothes and she got those for christmas, my mum loved opening all her clothes and other bits and pieces :)

i got her clothes, dummy's and clips, rattles, teether's, a keepsake cuddly minnie mouse which says baby's first christmas 2010 on it, also got her a baby's first christmas stocking :)

Kian was 4 months last year I got him a jumperoo and a few rattles n toys which were 6 months + xx

Lucia will be 5 months and 4 days on Christmas Day and so far we have got her a walker for 6 months plus and a jumperoo for 4 months plus. My mummy has gotten her a First Christmas tree decoration and we are going to get her some books and toys that she can use from an older age. x

My son was born 16th December and I bought him a cuddly bear, an outfit and a Adams first Christmas ornament for the tree.

My LO was only a month old for her first Christmas. She got clothes and little infant toys like a rattle, link rings, etc. Just small things really.

Kian was 4 months last year I got him a jumperoo and a few rattles n toys which were 6 months + xx

Thanks for the suggestions. :flow:
I'll probably just get a little bear and a keepsake :)

Umm, honestly, I think we decided to just put some money away in a savings account for my daughter. We figured alot of family would want to buy lil bits and we mentioned the savings for anyone who wanted to add to it. :)

Riley was 4/5 months at his first xmas, and prettymuch everything i bought him he didnt even use, i went wayyy OTT. So my advice is dont go over board :haha:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->