Newborn Clothes or (0-3 )Months clothes

Libra Mariah

Reaction score
I am really confused. Everyone is telling me that I should only buy 0-3 months clothes, however they look like they will be kind of big for a new baby.
So my quiestion is, If I do buy some NB clothes about how long will the baby get to wear them and about how many NB outfits should I buy?:baby::flower:

My sisters have had 7 kiddies between them and they have all been different. Some of them have never fit in nb clothes but some have been swamped and fit in them for a few weeks. My nephew is 8 weeks old and 0-3 are still a bit big on him. Sorry that wasnt much help!!!

Newborn is for like up to 8 pounds. So it depends on how big your baby is when they are born and how quickly they grow!! I'm mostly buying 0-3 months clothing.

Right now I have two NB sized outfits and everything else is 0-3 months.

I would buy a couple of newborn babygrows and the rest 0-3, if the baby does end up quite small you can always run and get some more smaller ones, but if the babys 8lb ish at least you won't have wasted money x

majority of Lilys things are 0-3 or 3-6. ive got a few things that are newborn size, but i dont think that she will be in them for long if at all. but im prepared if she is a liccle baby. diabetics tend to have bigger babies, but at the moment, shes measuring bang on perfect so i guess its just a waiting game. im going to take the newborn stuff with me to the hospital, and some 0-3 too, just incase shes a biggen hehe.

My little girl was full term and was 6lbs 13oz and wore preemie for about a month and then went into newborn for about a month and a half and after that she wore 0-3 for a few months... With this little one I'm more than sure it's going to be the same cause baby is small... Your doctor should be able to give you a estimate of what baby might weigh...

I was only 1 week early and weighed about 4lbs10, my sister was a month early and weighed about the same, my brother was about 6lbs and my nephew was only 6lbs something too so it seems little babies are in my family so I'm getting some newborn size clothes but not too many. Also as we're not finding out the sex i figured I'll wan to go out and get pink/blue clothes once baby is here so just getting some basics in newborn and up to 1 month size to start us off.

With my son I had a mix of newborn and 0-3 months. He was 7 lbs. I ended up having to run out and buy premie outfits because nothing fit him! He was sooo wittle :)

I bought loads of nb size clothes when i had ds but he was over 10lb so didn't fit into any of them :blush:

If you have an 'average' size baby then 0-3 is ok, they may be a little big for a few weeks but she/he will grow into them and it saves you a bit more money too

:thumbup:

My little girl was in tiny baby til she was a month old and NB til she was 3 months old. It just depends. I wasn't prepared for how small she was because I was told she'd be 9lb, but at least this time I know I'll have a small one! x

I am really confused. Everyone is telling me that I should only buy 0-3 months clothes, however they look like they will be kind of big for a new baby.
So my quiestion is, If I do buy some NB clothes about how long will the baby get to wear them and about how many NB outfits should I buy?:baby::flower:

Now I can answer my own question! LOL:blush:
My baby girl was full term and she weighed 6.5 pounds. She is now 1 month old and still wearing newborn sized clothes. I just thought this information would be helpful to anyone who wondered the samething.:hugs:

NB clothes are generally upto 8lbs, my son was 7lb 11oz and they totally drowned him!! 0-3 would have been ridiculous! I wouldnt bother with NB "clothes" or "outfits" but have a few sleepsuits and vests to see you through the first couple of weeks! x

Also babies tend to lose weight in the first week, Jake lost over a lb so the NB were most definitely needed

Thank you for asking this question!!!
We just found out the gender of our baby so I went shopping for clothes yesterday and had no idea what size to buy!! Turned out that most of the baby clothes this season have teddy bears on them and I HATE teddy bear patterns so couldn't get much anyway :(
My son is 10 yrs now, so I can't remember how long he was in nb for. I feel like a first time mum :)

My dd was 6lbs 4oz and newborn swamped her and she had to wear tiny baby clothes for the first month then newborn until she was 3 months and then finally 0-3 fit her until she was 6 months old!!

Emma x

My cousin's baby wore NB clothes until she was almost 4 months. I bought some NB, but not near as many as 0-3.

I've just bought a mixture of newborns and 0-3 months, think this LO is gonna be long, its legs measured bigger than average at 20 wk scan

I think its really good to have atleast one newborn for the hospital picture ( the first pic they take).. just looks nice and wont swamp them :) xxx

I found it depends where you shop for your newborn clothes, I found some newborn which where upto 8lb and some upto 10lb. So I have picked up 3 of everything in NB upto 10lb & 0-3.

I have gone for mostly 0-3 months but have a few newborn outfits too. My smallest was 6lb 15oz at birth and very petite but piled on weight really quickly, my eldest was 7lb 5oz but really long so didn't really fit in newborn stuff and my youngest was 7lb 5oz and wore newborn stuff for around 3 weeks i think. I'm expecting a boy this time and it's my 4th so i'm estimating he'll prob be around the 8lb mark which is why i'm only having a few newborn outfits. If he needs more, i'll send OH out shopping when he arrives :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->