Newborn Greasy hair?

Parkep

Very happy mom
Reaction score
My new LO is over a week old, she has super greasy hair. I will wash it, and when it dries its still greasy. I don't want to over wash it because I'm afraid of just making it worse. But any suggestions?

Do you use anything to wash it hun? It's ok to use a tiny bit of baby shampoo. It does take a while for it to become properly clean though xx

Dd is only just over her newborn greasy hair...apparently it's v common and normal...we washed it, too, as she has LOADS, but it always went back to greasy sooo quickly! It's stopped that now, and is washed every other day.

Sorry yes I use shampoo. Tennisgal it's good to know it gets better lol. My Dd has a fair amount of hair as well.

Does your LO have cradle cap too? My doctor said newborns oil/sweat glands can be a little overactive at first and then they settle down. :)

^I am afraid of it! I was googling and a lot of people said to watch out for cradle cap when LO has greasy hair...so far she's all clear. But DD1 had it pretty bad and still has a little left over (she won't let me comb her hair with a comb any more lol) and it was such a pain!

Most if not all newborns have greasy hair, because of the greasy stuff that covers there body while in the womb, to protect there skin from the 9 months in water. I kept washing Vinnie's hair to make it look cleaner, and it all fell out on top lol. So now he looks like a grandad xx

It does get better, our LO's greasy hair hAs gone now but it drove me crazy!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->