Newborn has flaky skin

Dani_Ldn

Reaction score
Would you put anything on it, or just leave it to clear up on its own? I am more inclined to just leave it, as I know a newborns skin is quite sensitive, but a little unsure?

we used bepanthan baby moisteriser and it was fine within a few days.

The less you put on it the sooner it will all fall off to reveal that lovely soft baby skin. We rubbed a little olive oil on India's ankles as it looked quite sore. It all fell off in about a week

We used olive oil on the worst flaky bits but not on her hands. We used some lanolin nipple cream on her hands incase she mouthed on them.

We didn't use anything. Her legs were all crusty but it soon wore off. I can't remember how long it took...maybe a couple of weeks or so? x

my LO peeled like a snake as a newborn, it went away in a month, I can't remember if I used anything or no.

I asked my midwife and she told me a bi of baby oil would be fine. He still has few dry areas but its much better.

:hugs2:

I agree with all the other ladies, olive oil worked well for my LG.

We didn't use anything. I'm sure oil wouldn't hurt but it isn't necessary as the flaking isn't from dry skin it is just a natural thing they go through as newborns.

Midwife said olive oil. HV sugested vaseline. xx

We used almond oil. Helps keep baby from dry skin if you bathe them often like we do.

My lo had flaky skin too and hv and doctor told us to put olive oil on it and we did but it didnt really clear up it turned into dry skin then that turned into eczema not that im saying your lo will get eczema just that mine did.

We called him Flaky Jakey!

My DD had this, doctor recommended Vaseline. It cleared it up in a couple of days.

You can try an assortment of organic/natural baby oils or make your own at home. If you look on google there are several organic/natural homemade recipes to make baby oil. You can also try a sensitive or organic/natural lotion. Aveeno did wonders for my son's severely dry skin as a newborn, it cleared it up instantly.

We used organic coconut oil for both her skin and cradle cap. It cleared it up nicely. Now we use it as a moisturizer after bath time. And if she sucks on her fist I know it won't hurt for her to ingest it.

I used coconut oil until it disappeared around three or four weeks. He was as flaky as a croissant till then!

we didn't use anything I was told its a natural process :flower:

normal try moisturise there skin settles after few weeks its just adjusting x

We didn't put anything on youngest's skin at first but he was starting to get cracked bits on his wrists and feet so we use pure virgin coconut oil xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->