Newborn Nightime Sleep Pattern

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
My Lo is 5 days old and is sleeping from 10-1, ha a feed then sleeps from 1:30/2- 6am. It's happened pretty much like that from the get go; so i'm wondering if she'll continue with this or if it's just coz she's new. She's also breastfed.
Whats your newborn sleep pattern at night? And is s/he breast or bottlefed?

it's really good that she's got this down! Some babies can't figure out night from day so will be asleep all day and want to be up at night. Ally went 3-4 hrs at night when he was breastfeeding. At 1-2wks he was actually going 7 hrs but I told the midwife abnout it and she insisted I should wake him up...Now he's mix fed he goes 4-5 (but that's also because he's older and much bigger :))

Some people call this the newborn coma

Maya slept like this for the first 3 weeks then kinda snapped out of it!!

Enjoy it while you can :)

Damn it, I thought it was too good to be true!

It might not be Sarah, Ally never snapped out of his sleep regime too much. And he was always very alert in the day so he didn't really have the newborn coma thing. Infact, he was so alert that the midwives asked if he was very active when he was in the womb :lol:

Savannah isn't real active during the day, sleeps alot actually. Looks like i better start getting used to sleepless nights.

I wrote almost an exact same question the other day!:lol:

When will the honeymoon stage be over...Lola-Rose sleeps throughout the entire night,except for one feeding wake up at around 3.
She also sleeps almost the entire day.

But the girls slapped me down to earth when they said that it doesn't last very long :(

When will the honeymoon stage be over...Lola-Rose sleeps throughout the entire night,except for one feeding wake up at around 3.

But the girls slapped me down to earth when they said that it doesn't last very long :(

Awww sorry hun :hugs:

I was talking to mum last night and it may not go! She said coz they eat between 8-12 feeds in 24hrs, if they feed more during the day then they won't feed as much at night.
But i'm going out to buy an eye mask today so then I can sleep during the day. I have a hell of a time trying to sleep when it's daylight.

Hannah has pretty much kept the same pattern since she was born (except for now because we've started dream feeding her) but she would go down about 8:30, wake up around 2 to eat and again around 5 or 6.

Thanks Vickie- there is hope yet! Did she sleep alot during the day too?

The first 3-4 weeks yes she slept a lot during the day, now though she's awake a lot of the day, but she sleeps well at night

:rofl::rofl: she might still be a good night sleeper, Hannah is! But just try getting her to take a nap during the day :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->