Newborn nighttime crying and feeding

MEPride

Reaction score
FTM here! Just brought my little Aurora Grace home from the hospital today.

While at the hospital I noticed a pattern. Around 9-10pm she cries and cluster feeds. She may nurse just a little, fall asleep for a few minutes then wakes again to nurse all over. This continued until 1:30 or 2 am when I gave in and had the nurses take her for a few hours so I could sleep. I don't know what voodoo magic they did to get her to sleep.

My milk came in today so I hoped with a fuller belly she wouldn't be as fussy. Wishful thinking as I am caught in the throws of another night of fussiness and fighting off sleep while rocking her.

Is this normal for newborns? Anything I can do to make it easier?

Totally normal! I know it's s nightmare for us mums, and all 3 of mine did it. By day 3 (still in hospital as I had an emergency c-section) I was in tears and a midwife came in to comfort me. I was silly and refused to buzz for help.

It does get better, it feels like it takes forever at the time though.

Totally normal! I know it's s nightmare for us mums, and all 3 of mine did it. By day 3 (still in hospital as I had an emergency c-section) I was in tears and a midwife came in to comfort me. I was silly and refused to buzz for help.

It does get better, it feels like it takes forever at the time though.

Thanks for replying. She sleeps great during the day but I've come to dread nighttime because it's so awful. It's all worth it as she is gaining weight like a good girl who eats like a horse.

It's comforting to know it's normal and just talk with other moms, especially the ones who have been through it before.

Oh yes. I remember dd doing this! The plus was she would eventually go longer at night after a good milk bar session! She fed until 3am three nights in a row at 3 weeks old and I was just about cracking up, but after that she turned a corner and it got easier from there, and much easier again from 6 weeks. It's not that long in the grand scheme of things, but it feels like forever when you're going through it!!

It's normal. It doesn't last forever, even though the lack of sleep in the moment absolutely wrecks you. Babies hangs so fast, one week they do this, the next week it'll be something else. Go with it as much as you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->