Newborn or 0-3months?

All depends on the size of the baby, which you never really know until he/she is born. lol. My first born was 8 lbs so he needed the 0-3 months but my second born was only just 6 lbs so he got to wear new born clothing. Bring something of both sizes lol that whats im doing this thrid time around... :) good luck

i am taking new born things to the hospital.
I will b surprised if my baby is even 8 lbs!

last week my doc said he was around 6lbs so i dont think he will get up to 8!

I was measuring dead on what i should have been and got told yeah no more than 8lbs . . . . .11lb 6onz he was . . . no method is accurate unfortuantely but especially that one!

They advised us at the hospital to take with us 0-3mos clothing rather than newborn, eventhough they're expecting me to have a small baby not likely to be bigger than 7lbs. The reason they told us is because of the umbilical clamp, and to to leave plenty of room for that in the clothing. They keep the baby dressed in hospital clothing while we're there, and the only outfit for baby we are bringing will be the "going home outfit." So even if it's too big it's not a bother, we'll adjust when we get home. So, bigger is better just in case.

I had mostly 0-3 months with my first and it was way to big on him even though we was an average sized baby (7 lb, 8 oz). He fit in the newborn stuff for between 6-8 weeks so I didnt get that much use out of the 0-3 months stuff since he was out of it by 3 months. I have some newborn stuff this time (not a ton though) and I am packing a couple of 0-3 months outfits in case I end up with a 10 pounder. I would have a few outfits of both sizes in your bag to be safe and you can go out and buy more after your LO is born and you know what fits.

Ive got loads of newborn but not much 0-3 months so im going to go out and buy some bigger sizes because knowing my luck I will have a big baby and none of the clothes will fit!
Ive had all the newborn stuff handed down to me so havent spent a fortune but some of it is really nice so im hoping it fits for a couple of weeks.
I will be taking a few bits in each size

Id take a few of each as you can't really tell how big LO will be weight wise

Everyone swore to me that I needed 0-3 in clothes cause newborn is too small. My baby came out 5lbs 12oz and we have only two sleepers that fit her. Ended up having to go shopping and buy stuff. I would bring both; worst case, your hubby can get more.

I have both packed. I keep wondering if I should get some preemie stuff as I feel like we're expecing a smaller than average baby but I'll just leave it for now and see if we need it when she gets here.

A friend's baby weighed 7.5 pounds and was 19 inches and he ended up being in Preemie clothes for a few weeks. Before that the newborn sizes pretty much fell off of him. :shrug:

with lo i took some newborn and 0-3 and ended up borrowing stuff from special care then sending my mum to tesco to buy tiny baby clothes which fit him for nearly 3 months so missed out on new born stuff

he was 5lb 5oz and 47cm long

pic is of him 4 days old in a tiny baby outfit

Attachments

• et.jpg
    et.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 20
i had my baby 3 weeks ago and was expecting a whopper but he was only 7.5, i bought loads of newborn and hes still in them now and the baby gro's the 0-3 is still a little too big xxxxxxxxx just get a few

Our LO was 7lbs8oz when he was born and newborn was, and still is at three weeks far too big on him.... xx

im going to stalk this thread as i am also clueless what to bring. i am convinced im going to have a big baby but you just never know do ya? i think i will bring just a few of both! my friend had a 8 and half pounder and newborn only fitted for a week!

Megan was born at 37 weeks & was 5 lbs 14oz & 19" long. We had brought newborn outfits for her to go home in. Once home though my mom went out & bought a few premie outfits that she wore the first few weeks.

Im taking a couple of each. DH was almost 11lbs and that may put us out of newborn clothes if she is that big! She was measuring very big at her last scan, but I know that could change. I want her to be more my size! I was 6! :)

My baby ended up being much smaller than anticipated. She was 6.11 lbs and newborn babygros are too big! In thinking I was in for a 8-9 lb baby I brought to the hospital 1 newborn sleep vest and a lot of 0-3 month clothing!

If this is your first baby then you wont really know how big they will be so i would bring nb & 0-3 to hospital just in case.
My DS was over 10lbs when he was born so nb didn't fit at all & it was all i packed at hospital. lol. OH dad to rush out and buy loads more 0-3. I will be packing mostly 0-3 this time and a few nb just in case :)

my fist LO was 6lb 10 when he was born and newborn were massive i had to send people out to bring me tiny baby :-/

My first was 8lbs 11oz and fitted newborn for a good few weeks, my 2nd was only 6lbs 14oz and I had to get people to bring me tiny baby as newborn drowned her lol shes really dinky though and still in a lot of 6-9m clothes at a year lol
Im taking 1 tiny baby outfit and couple of newborn this time as i think she will be closer to DD1s weight x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->