Newborn's head fell backward

Pink Petals

Reaction score
I know the importance of supporting a newborn's head, because it is so large relative to their body and they don't have the strength to hold it up. And I have heard that they can get spinal and brain damage if their head flings back.

I am a little worried because there have been a few times when people were holding or passing my baby when his head fell backward a little. Is this something to be concerned about? Baby never cried or reacted at all and it has only happened a few times.

If as described, it's unlikely to have done any harm or damage, though people should be more careful-just look at how much babies necks are strained while being born, they are more resilient than you'd think. Xx

I try to be careful with my baby but there have been a few times her head "hangs" when picking her up on handed (for instance in the middle of the night) and I try to avoid it but it happens and nothing bad has happened to her or my son who is now two, I wouldnt recommend it but I wouldnt worry about a few times as accidents :)

If it was a problem, your baby would have reacted.

Its fine, my babys head flops all the time:haha:

My babes three months and still is kinda floppy, but were seeing an ot to help strengthen his nevk and chest muscles:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->