**Newly engaged girlies!!!**

Panda_Ally

Reaction score
I know there is quite a few of us on here who have got engaged recently, so i thought i would start a group....Ideas? When? Where? And what to do first....

I'm soooo excited... there MUST be other to join me!!! LOL!!!

Congrats x x x

I've said it before, but I'll certainly say it again, Massive congratulations hun! :happydance:

We're thinking either 2012, or 2013. We both want a winter wedding, & after today we are going to start looking for our dream venue. I think I have found mine, but we want to see it in person before we make any decisions. I change my mind like the weather changes, so I think we will wait a while yet before deciding.

Thinking a Christmassy time wedding, with a red and white theme, and hopefully some snow :cloud9:

I'm so excited. I want to decide on bridesmaids, look for a dress, look for bridesmaid dresses, do I want pageboys? Where do I want my reception? What kind of reception do I want? Honeymoon! :happydance::cloud9: xx

I've finally found a thread thats perfect for me!! :D As you saw from the other thread, I got engaged yesterday too, and only now is it starting to sink in, it was just so overwhealming!!

Were only going to have a small wedding, from family, and only a couple of very close friends each, and we may not even have friends back to the reception part. We really want the day to be about us and family, and not a huge party for hundereds of other people at our expense.... However we are probably in the minority with our wedding plans, and the more we talk about it, and the more people we tell were engaged the less likely a small family affair seems likely, as we don't want to offend too many people in the process.... :wacko:

We have already decided we want to get married this summer, hopefully in June, when hopefully it wont be raining.....

What about to Panda_Ally? :D

:happydance: congrats both of you...

I would love a small wedding but then a big reception for everyone!!! My OH wants to get married aboard then have a reception when we get back... I'm not crazy about the idea but I'm coming round to it, been looking today I would love to get married in cambodia (I spent a year there when i was 18 and fell i love with the place) But its hard cos of visas, translation and documents etc... And not to mention expensive so everyone i want to be there prob couldn't be... maybe go for honeymoon tho!!!!

Theres me waffling lol!!!! I just want to find the perfect place!!!

Oh and i think were looking at doing it about spring 2011 ish??? We have to decide what sort of wedding we want first tho!!! x

Me & OH have been talking all day, while we have been walking/driving round, & we have decided on December 2012 for our wedding :happydance:

Neither of us particularly want a church wedding, so looking for somewhere really nice - traditional looking, nothing modern, with plenty of character. Hopefully with fields and countryside around as well :thumbup: Somewhere like a big stately house would be brilliant.
Definately would like a Red and White theme, nice and seasonal.

Willow will be 2.5yrs by then (That's scary!) so she will be our flower girl :cloud9: And my best friend and OH's little sister will be bridesmaids :flower:

Hopefully, the reception can be at the same place as the wedding itself, if not, we have the perfect place in mind already. We drove past today, and both thought it was ideal. We are hopefully going to pop in & have a look sometime in the early New Year.

I'm so bloody excited!! xx

WOW you work quick!!!! We dont even know what country to get married in yet!! LOL!! I would like somewhere a bit unusual not a stately home or church cos thats just not 'us'. A nice country pub would suit us to a tee but I'm going to give proper thought into this abroad thing first....

I found a gorgeous (and Cheap) dress on the first site i looked at, i have been looking again today with MIL but cant find anything i like more so... that might be 'the one'. I'll go in to a shop to try on a similar one first tho before i order one online!! x

It's all so exciting!! :D We are going for church wedding, and have it at the same chuch my parents got married in, and since my last post have decided on our date.... 26th June 2010. :happydance:

I AM SO EXCITED!! :haha:

Wow how exciting!!!! Thats not long away!! Lots of planning to do!!! Everyone is making decisions really quick!!!

Wow how exciting!!!! Thats not long away!! Lots of planning to do!!! Everyone is making decisions really quick!!!
Six months today!! :happydance:
I can't wait to start planning, which should hopefully not be too stressful, as there should only be about 20 guests, and the reception is going to be at my parents house. So can focus most of my attention on finding the PERFECT dress!! :happydance:

Arrgh 20 guests sounds perfect!!! Sounds like its all going to be perfect!!!

You got an idea in mind of what sort of dress you want??

Hopefully not too many people will be offended....
I want an ivory dress, and thats about it so far, how about you?

Ever since joined here I wanted a sig, and now I have reason to have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont want a strapless one cos I dont like my shoulders and i def want a bit of bling on it (not tacky tho)!!!

Love ur siggy!!!
Do u wanna be bride to be buddies??? I have never had a buddy (bump or parenting) and i kinda want one :blush:

I dont want a strapless one cos I dont like my shoulders and i def want a bit of bling on it (not tacky tho)!!!

Love ur siggy!!!
Do u wanna be bride to be buddies??? I have never had a buddy (bump or parenting) and i kinda want one :blush:
I have a horrible feeling strapless would fall off or something!! :blush:

YES to bride buddies!! :happydance: I finally found a home on BnB til I have a bump!! :happydance:

Can we b buddies with waiting for bump as well i dont want her to fell leftout when she comes back to this thread!! :D

Can we b buddies with waiting for bump as well i dont want her to fell leftout when she comes back to this thread!! :D
Oh this is so exciting!! :happydance:
How early do you think I should send invites out? I really have no idea. :haha:

I like this style dress....

https://www.onewed.com/files/imagecache/576w/images/1042920/Wedding_Dresses_Disney_6.JPG

https://docostume.com/images/l/200904/12391726170.jpg

I think u should give a 12 week window for invites but u can send save the date cards sooner.... but ur wedding is only 6 months away so just invites might be ok!!

That dress is lovely! Its got shoulders like i want.

Are you going to have a veil?? I think sometimes they look great and sometimes just silly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->