Newly pregnant and nervous-prayer that has helped calm me down!

Melanya7

Mom to DD and AB, TTC #3
Reaction score
I know this pregnancy is such a blessing, but I am so afraid of something going wrong. I'm a little over 4 weeks. I found this prayer and it has helped me. I hope some of you may find comfort in it as well:

Master, Lord Jesus Christ our God, Source of life and immortality, we thank Thee, that Thou hast enabled us in wedlock to become partakers of Thy blessing and gift, for Thou hast said, O Master, "Grow and multiply and you will fill the earth." We thank Thee and pray: bless this fruit of our body which Thou hast granted us, show Thy mercy upon it and enliven it with Thy Holy Spirit. Make its body to grow in health and without flaw and grant it well-formed members. Sanctify its body, mind, heart and inward parts. Grant this infant wisdom and fear of Thee; appoint a faithful guardian Angel for his soul and body. Cover, protect, strengthen and preserve the child in our womb until the very hour when Thou didst command him to be born. But do not conceal him in his mother's womb, for Thy hands have prepared him. Thou gavest him life and breath. O Lord Jesus Christ, we entrust our child into Thine all-powerful hands. Place the right hand of Thy grace upon him, sanctify him with Thy Holy Spirit and renew him for eternal life, that he may be a partaker of Thy Kingdom. Amen.

I love the paryer. I will be copying it thanks a bunch

if you dont mind me asking, but what religion classes Jesus Christ as God?

if you dont mind me asking, but what religion classes Jesus Christ as God?

Those of Trinitatian belief. The trinity is one and undivided: Father, Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit.

The prayer is from the Eastern Orthodox tradition.

this was wonderful and oh so needed! God bless us and our growing babies!

Thankyou for posting this! Hopefully we all blessed with healthy babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->