News Free zone today anyone!

banana07

DS1 (8yo) & DS2 (1yo)
Reaction score
Hey Ladies

I have been balling crying since 7am since I seen the close up unblurred photos of the little syrian boy lying dead on the beach. I have deactivated facebook as this is the first place I seen it and DS often picks up my phone and asks me who are the people in the photos etc.. Then I logged onto news sites and it was all over them too.

I seen the pics yesterday but they were distanced and blurred over.

I am sitting in work (on reception) and my eyes are swollen and bloodshot and watering. I have to retreat to the bathroom several times because of tears rolling down my face.

Anyone fancy chatting on here about everything and anything except this.

I know its happening and its real and shouldn't be ignored but I just cannot stop crying and never hugged DS1&2 as hard as I did this morning.

I presume the hormones are what are tipping me over the edge too.

:sad2:

Yeah that was really upsetting to see :(

Poor babies :cry:

Hard not to comment on a topic once it has been raised....

I feel the same way, I saw it yesterday but I was crying on the train this morning after seeing pictures again. My heart breaks for that poor family.

One positive is that poor little angel's life wasn't lost in vain. People are now realising the scale of the problem and want to help rather than turning their back and wanting to close borders. I've signed a couple of petitions this morning asking David Cameron to rethink his decision not to take any more Syrian refugees. I also made a donation to Save the Children. People can donate clothes, food, blankets, nappies etc too.
xx

yeah... I avoid most news venues as best I can for reasons like these. Mad world.

Sandy Hook happened when I was pregnant with DD, and I remember sitting at my desk at work and just crying my eyes out. I think I may have to step away from the news as well, and put a cork in the information hubby brings home to me!

Topic change then - has anyone started thinking about nursery themes, etc? :)

Aww we don't really do the nursery up here until babies are 3-6months or sometimes 1 and they move out of mammy and daddys room.

I seen a couple of people doing it but very few. Most ppl in US do it do they?!? I think its lovely.

Do you know what you are having to do colours etc??

Thisismyyear. That is exactly what DH said to me this morning when I rang him while locked in the toilets in work balling crying. (I work with 5 unsensitive boys) that he didn't die in vain and at least people are waking up to what is really happening.

For the first time in years I haven't logged onto facebook.

I'm currently trying to work out how we'll be financially when no.3 arrives in april!

Banana07 - I am ignoring that small problem! I am self employed so I don't get maternity pay. I have made a list of all my monthly expenses but I can't bring myself to total it up. Not a good attitude I know!

Last time was a bit easier with DS as I had savings but we've since spent all of it on an extension. Also I had no major expenses but DS is in nursery 5 days a week and I want to keep him in at least 3 days as it seems unfair taking him out completely. It's still £790 a month! I'm trying to save up as much as I can between now and March!

We keep our children in the room with us for awhile as well (DD didn't move to her own room until she turned 1), but we decorated a corner of the room for her with Lion King bedding/wall decals/etc and plan to do the same with this one. :)

Star Wars is the theme for either gender, and I can't wait to start looking at fabrics!

Banana07 - I am ignoring that small problem! I am self employed so I don't get maternity pay. I have made a list of all my monthly expenses but I can't bring myself to total it up. Not a good attitude I know!

Last time was a bit easier with DS as I had savings but we've since spent all of it on an extension. Also I had no major expenses but DS is in nursery 5 days a week and I want to keep him in at least 3 days as it seems unfair taking him out completely. It's still £790 a month! I'm trying to save up as much as I can between now and March!

Sorry to jump in - have you looked at maternity allowance? I have to apply for this since I don't qualify for SMP through work, and I know from last time on the form there's a lot for self employed people to fill in x

Sorry to jump in - have you looked at maternity allowance? I have to apply for this since I don't qualify for SMP through work, and I know from last time on the form there's a lot for self employed people to fill in x[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I need to look into it, I'm not sure I qualify this time as I'm not sure I've been working and paying enough NI since taking 11 months off working with DS but it is something on my list of things to do. I've requested an NI self employed statement so I can top up any gaps before applying.

From memory though it wasn't too bad to fill in last time, hopefully that hasn't changed since 2012.

Sorry to jump in - have you looked at maternity allowance? I have to apply for this since I don't qualify for SMP through work, and I know from last time on the form there's a lot for self employed people to fill in x

Thank you, I need to look into it, I'm not sure I qualify this time as I'm not sure I've been working and paying enough NI since taking 11 months off working with DS but it is something on my list of things to do. I've requested an NI self employed statement so I can top up any gaps before applying.

From memory though it wasn't too bad to fill in last time, hopefully that hasn't changed since 2012.[/QUOTE]

Fingers crossed you sort it! I hate all the financial crap life comes with lol.

I know here people who are self employed pay more tax/prsi but can't claim any benefits. We get 26 weeks off and 230euro per week paid by gov nothing from employer unless u public service or very lucky!

Poor ds2 room isn't even done up yet!! Cream walks spare bed with no mattress in his room and spare big red curtains! I'm waitnibg to see if this one is a boy or girl before deciding on decir. If its a girl ds2 will move in with ds1 and dd1 will get own room or if a boy ds2 and 3 will share. So will se in 7months!

We are moving at the end of the month but we are hoping to get a place we can paint. we will be doing the nursery in Winnie The Pooh theme. it can go with either gender. We have 3D wall decals we will put up and and if we can paint then it will be a pale green.

I'm from Canada and here we do nurseries but some parent opt to have the baby with them for awhile. It can make night time feeding easier. For me, my plan is to not and to keep the baby in their room. But that may change once the little bean is born. lol We have waited so long for this that I'm not sure we will be able to keep our hands off of him/her.

Hey Aayla

Did it take you long to concieve. Took us 18 months with DS2 and 5 months with this bump thankfully we knew what to do from the last time with DS2 so went straight to the fertility clinic :)

So are you team yellow if you're doing winne the pooh !? I will drive myself nuts wondering what I am having I'll look up every old wives tale but won't actually find out!! I'll be happy either way. I dont' have that mad desperate need to have a girl after 2 boys. This is the last one either way and I'll be just as happy to have 3 lovely boys :)

In the grand scheme of things no it didn't take long. We started going to my Obgyn 5 years ago because i knew back then I had fertility issues. He found other problems so it wasn't until last year I got to try clomid when I went to a fertility clinic. I did 2 rounds and it didn't make me O and I gained a lot of weight and I am already quite large. So we took some time to get my bmi down and it was hard because I had to be on provera full time for another issue. I got a doctor switch because mine went on maternity. He put me on Letrozole right away. That was 2 cycles ago. First cycle didn't make me O, upped the dose. 2nd cycle not enough bd and 3rd cycle caught. we got very very blessed. I only wish they started with Letrozole last year but my first doc was really hung up on the weight thing.

I was team yellow at first and my hubby can go either way but then I thought of the most awesome gender reveal. My 21st week is on Dec 22. i'm going to see if the doc will scan me then and if they can see the gender I will get them to write it on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope. I will then give it to my best friend along with a pair of pink booties and blue booties. She will gift wrap the right ones and give it back and then we will put it under the tree. We will open the gift in front of everyone on Christmas day. From now until then everyone will think we are waiting until the birth.
Part of me wants to wait because I know the day I conceived and the day I implanted lol. We've had no surprise with this. But I've always to do a gender reveal and I've always wanted to know before hand.

Wow Aayla I love that gender reveal! What a lovely Christmas surprise for everyone! I'd be so tempted to peak at the Doctors note!

Wow Aayla I love that gender reveal! What a lovely Christmas surprise for everyone! I'd be so tempted to peak at the Doctors note!

This is why I am hoping they will wait until Dec 22 to do it. I don't think I could wait 10 days to find out.

Oh wow I love love love that gender reveal plan!! It would almost make me change my very adamant always team yellow stance! It is still a surprise for you just sooner rather den later!

Wow u sound so together about the whole thing. I think 5 years from wanting a baby to being pref is a long time I would loose my marbles but you seem to have just took it all as it came well done ��

Thanks. I am glad I got all this time with my hubby. We have been married for 4 years and together for 8. Even though we wanted kids earlier I think having this time together made it so we really got to know each other and we've been through a lot with this fertility issue. :haha:
I'm together in a way but there is so much of me that freaks out too.:haha:
I am a POAS addict for sure and I google everything and read everything but that's my nature really. I have the same obsession with learning about diet and fitness.
I think it surprises people how I am. Today I bought the little bean its first stuffy. A little baby Eeyore. My mom sort of freaked because I am only 5 weeks and she didn't want me to start buying stuff until 12 weeks. For me, I'm not going to go crazy with the baby stuff but I don't see it as a jinx or anything. And how could I pass it up when the nursery is winnie the pooh and it was on sale? :blush::haha:
But there is a part of me that is freaking out because I can't believe I am growing a human :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->