Nexplanon

Torch1980

Reaction score
Hi
OH and I are thinking about trying for no 3, and my implant is due out next month.

But the past week I've been so nauseous, and had a tiny bit of spotting on Saturday. Did a test on Sunday which was neg but *hoping* it was too soon.

Can the implant run out early? It's made me really want another one! OH still to be persuaded!

Thanks for any advice!

The implants more effective than sterilisation, the pregnancy rate on it is really really low, however never say never.
Once it's out fertility returns within days x

Thanks for the reply. I got pregnant within a few weeks of having it out the first time but wondered how accurate the claim of it lasting "3 years" actually is!

I'd say 3 years was probably erring on the side of caution and that it lasts a lot longer than 3 years. I don't know anyone that's fallen pregnant on it but I'm sure people have maybe test in couple of days to be sure.

i've just had mine out (was due out next month anyway) my nurse says they know that they last longer than the 3 years but they recommend you get a new one every 3 years for it to be so effective. It's highly unlikely to have 'run out'.
I've had 2 and been on it for 6 years - don't think it's ever failed me. xxxx

Thanks EmmySocks. I called the GP practice to make an appointment to get it out and they said it can run out early. Apparently you get less of the hormones from it each year until 3 yrs when it's not enough to protect you from pregnancy.
Can't believe I'm just finding this out now after almost 6 yrs of using it too!
Need to wait till end of week and test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->