NHS C*ck up!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by HappyJacky, Dec 12, 2009.

1. HappyJacky

HappyJacky Active Member

Aaargh, my first BFP after 10 years of trying so very excited :cloud9:, but also very scared because I'm now 42.

Went to the Dr and he said he'd send the referral off to the Hospital for my booking appt/scan. As I have a higher risk factor for DS etc clearly very keen to see professionals ASAP. He said to wait 2 weeks and then call if I'd not heard. So I wait two weeks then phone, and they've got NO RECORD of me at all. :growlmad:

So they book me on over the phone, and I ask do I have to wait another 2 weeks and she said she'd make a note that I've been waiting already, so it shouldn't be - but a week later I'm still waiting. So do I call again and look like some kind of wacko or do I just wait?

Thank you for listening to my rant. Not good for the bean for me to be too stressed, so now it is all out I'm going to try to calm down. :shrug:

Jx

2. britgirl82

britgirl82 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Wonderful news!!

I'd call up. What have you got to lose? Some nurse might think you're a bit obsessive but this is your baby we're talking about!! I'd call up every day and ask to see someone - I'd even offer to come in and wait and say that I'm particularly worried and would really appreciate being seen. Would calling your GP help? They might have more sway at the hospital (although this is probably a long shot).

Hassle, hassle, hassle. If nothing else, it'll make you feel like you're doing something rather than just waiting.

And enjoy your BFP!!

xx

3. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

Awww that's fantastic news, congratulations!!

I would definitely phone them up and not worry about doing it either. They have to prove to you that you can have faith in them and at the moment they haven't proved that so I'd double check. You don't wanna be waiting again! xx

4. katy1310

katy1310 Mummy of 1

Congratulaions! How exciting after 10 years of trying :happydance:

I would phone them up. I was told there was no record of me on the system even thought i'd had a letter about my booking appointment (I'd been given a different time and place over the phone for my booking appointment and didn't trust them so phoned to confirm and they had no record of me at all!!!!) They messed up my scan appointment as well and I only got it because DH phoned to ask why I'd not had one - so definitely phone them. You just never know when they are messing up - plus this baby is very important to you :)

Good luck xx

5. Adela Quested

Adela Quested Well-Known Member

Call them!

Who cares if they think you're a wacko? I think they're incompetent. They haven't exactly done anything to earn your trust so far, have they?

And congratulations :) :hugs:

6. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

Definitely call them!! YOU'RE the one that's been waiting all this time, a single phone call to get them moving isn't going to inconvenience them as much as you have been! Just ring and find out what the heck is going on!

xx

7. broodylocket

broodylocket Well-Known Member

def ring them hun, congrats xxx

8. Joyzerelly

Joyzerelly Mama to two darlings

I'd call them - definitely. They've already shown themselves to be unreliable. Oh and Congratulations by the way!

9. Lena

Lena Guest

First off, congratulations on your pregnancy hun!!!

Second, I feel your frustration. I'll now 11 weeks, 2 day and haven't gotten an appointment through from the hospital for my 12 week scan. When I called them about a week ago they said they only received the paperwork from my midwife the previous day when I actually had my booking in appt 2 weeks previous. The midwife couldnt be bothered to send it. grrr. Not to mention that I've not actually met my midwife yet, i've seen about 4 different ones because she's been off sick for a MONTH! Grrr. I'd rather have her off sick then infecting me, but still!

10. K1mberley

K1mberley My First Baba

i am the same i am 13 weeks past yest and i am still waiting on an appointment for a scan. It will be three weeks this week since i handed in my forms for the midwife. I phoned the docs on Friday and the receptionist was completely use-less. So going to phone the antinatal clinic midweek to check with them. I was really wanting a scan before xmas to give me some peace of mind over xmas and new year, considering i havent had any scan whatsoever as yet!

11. MrsP

MrsP Mummy to Eleanor & Henry

Definately, call them! Such buggers

12. Lena

Lena Guest

Funnily enough, after posting I got my appointment through the post. It's on Christmas eve! What a lovely Christmas present. Just hoping everything goes well!

13. maddiwatts19

maddiwatts19 Guest

firstly, huge congratulations!!! but if i was you i'd deffinitely call them again! your pregnant, so these are the only 9 months in your life your allowed to look like a wacko, so take full advantage of it!! they kept you waiting, so theres deffinitely no harm in phoning just to see whats going on! :hugs: x

14. HappyJacky

HappyJacky Active Member

Thanks to you all for your kind comments and advice.

I called again and got the same, 'its on the pile to do, and we'll be in touch' no idea when though. They said to call back in another week if I've not heard! GRRRR....

I haven't had a booking appt either, so I suppose they'll do both this and the scan together.

Got so paranoid in the end I've booked a private scan for Friday, which I think is 9 weeks - but its £120 just before Christmas, still it will be worth it.

Jx