nhs ivf question!?

MiasMum

Reaction score
I had my ivf cycle cancelled last month due to ohss and am now waiting for cd19 to start FET.
My question is ... we have 2 nhs funded cycles. Will my FET still be classed as cycle 1 due to the hospital cancelling? Im sure they said it will but I forgot to ask today when I was there and they are shut now and I dont want to worry all weekend.

I'm thinking it'll be classed as go number one not from the fet but from the fact that you went all the way to ec. You'll still have a second go xx

Wow you get nhs funding and you already have a child :0 shocked !!

Yes it will still be classed as ur1st shot ! X

We have nhs funding as my partner does not have a child. Thankyou ladies x

Gosh that's brilliant !!! I know people who can't have funding due too a male having a child !!! Your so lucky !!!! Xxx good luck with your fet x

You're obviously in the right area and if it's available then take good use of it. Good luck xx

Thankyou so much! Where abouts are you ladies? I love this site ... I come here feeling down and you cheer me up so much!

That's nice, it can be hot or miss sometimes. I'm in Glasgow xx

I work in the nhs, and can confirm a cycle of treatment is considered as the drugs, ec, et plus any additional goes you have with any frosties. So if you have three frosties for example from your first go, all three count as the first cycle. However, if you've already had the first expense of drugs, some trusts count this as your first go, and you would progress on to your second round (I know that this has happened to a friend of mine). I'd advise you to contact your local ccg

As others have said, I'm really surprised that you were lucky enough to get IVF treatment. Usually (nice guidelines state) that the nhs will only fund you if neither party has a child. What area are you in? X x x

I'm not sure if this was what likkelgemz was meaning. I was told by the nurse that f you get frosties and then have fet, following the ivf its extra and doesn't count as your second go. So I could have two shots at ivf and as many fets as were possible due to frosties. I'm pretty sure your ec will be classed as your first go.

Cooch, sorry if my post didn't make sense. One round of IVF is considered under the nhs as the drugs, egg collection, and transfer. If you were to get any frosties they are considered a bonus and counts as cycle one too, not cycle 2 etc.

Sme trusts however consider the drugs as the IVF cycle as this is the most expensive part of IVF. So if you have OHSS and egg collection is cancelled as a result they consider this as your first attempt. Likewise if you respond poorly and get no eggs at egg collection that is consider as cycle one too.

Is that a bit clearer?

Always check with your ccg over what they consider as a cycle, as different trusts have different rules and there is no consistency across the country... Welcome to the post code lottery.

So because I had no transfer surely my fet transfer will class as cycle 1?

Hi hun, yes usually any frozen ones count as cycle 1, even if they where frozen straight away due to example OHSS

Hope this helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->