NHS IVF

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by Hays, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Hays

Hays Well-Known Member

How many IVFs do you get free on the NHS? I’ve had one successful IVF and now we are having problems TTC No2 but I’ve always thought it was only the 1 go we had until the lady who did my transvaginal scan yesterday said she thought it was 2 go’s??

2. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

I have heard that you just get one on the NHS, but I just Googled it and it said women under 40 get three. Praying you are blessed with a BFP soon <3

3. Hays

Hays Well-Known Member

Thank you Hun, it’s so confusing!! X

4. pamg

pamg Well-Known Member

My friend has just had ivf & its two goes in our area but if you've already had a child your not entitled to it on NHS. I've been TTC #2 for over 18 months & my doctor referred me for tests at my local hospital,the booklet I got there says they don't even fund clomid on NHS if you've already had a child!

5. Hays

Hays Well-Known Member

My daughter was conceived via IVF so not naturally, not sure if it makes a difference?

6. bbbbbbb811

bbbbbbb811 Well-Known Member

I think the multiple go’s apply for trying to conceive your first child because IVF doesn’t always work first time but once you have a child they don’t offer any other help? I’m not 100% but I believe that is how it works

7. pamg

pamg Well-Known Member

Yes thats what I was told they don't offer any help like ivf on NHS if either you or your partner has already had a child. They offer help like testing which I've had done & I think my next option would be have to be IVF from what was mentioned to me which financially won't be an option for me so I think we may have to give up soon :-(