NHS scans

dannycollins1

Mummy to a Lil girl <3
Reaction score
Just wondering how many scan's did you have at the hospital??

Im 33weeks tomorow and ive had 3 and no more appointments as of yet x

If this had been a normal pregnancy i wood only hav had one at 15 weeks. thats all my area offers. ive had more tho due to high risk

i had one at 12 weeks and one at 21 weeks thats it!
i paid for a 4d one at 28 weeks xx

One at 11 weeks to check heartbeat and number of babies and another one at 20 weeks for anomalies, I think that's pretty standard practice.

in our area they scan you routinely at about 12 and 20 weeks - so 3 is good going

if its just a normal preg with no complications or risks we dont go back to the hosp all antenatal care is done by community midwife at docs surgey

I had 1 at 7 weeks cos of pains and risk of twins, 2nd at 12 weeks, 3rd at 20 weeks, 4th last fri cos waters had been leaking...no more booked yet but im being seen by m/w every 2 weeks and see consultant every 6 weeks too...might be having another scan in a few weeks to check on waters though!

ah ryt..Just checking to see if it's different in other area's and such. Doesn't seem alot mind you only 2/3 scans in 9 months x

I have had 4 with this pregnancy but one of those was due to 3 previous miscarriages and one a growth check due to problems with my pregnancy with my son. In this area the standard is one at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks. xx

Standard in my area is 2 - one at 12 weeks and one at 20 weeks.

I've had 5 though to check growth! x

I had my dating scan at 13 weeks, and my final scan at 20.

Just a dating scan at 13wks was all we were offered in Glasgow!

Extra scans only if there are problems - so far so good!! x:flower:

Here if there are no issues then it's a scan at 12 weeks and another one at 20 weeks.
I had three early scans due to a suspected ectopic pregnancy and I have a scan at 34 weeks to check placenta (it was low lying at my 20 week scan) xx

Iv had 3 so far.Iv to go back again when Im 35 weeks gone,so Im assuming I will get another scan then as well.My friend from Wales was telling me they only get 2 scans there.I think it depends on the hosipital and the area you live in.xxx

In my area if all is well you get one at around 12 weeks then one around 20 weeks and thats it.

I got another at 36 weeks to check placenta position as it was very low at 20 weeks.

Just a dating scan at 13wks was all we were offered in Glasgow!

Extra scans only if there are problems - so far so good!! x:flower:

I've heard Glasgow have just recently changed it and you can now get a 20 week one!

I've had 6 because i was bleeding early on but Stirling is 12 and 20 week ones xx

Normally you only have 12 week scan and 20 week scan through NHS, But I had an early scan at 7 weeks due to a bleed, then my 12 week scan at 13 weeks, and then my 20 week scan at 23 weeks (they were a bit late!) Ive also had a Growth scan at 28 weeks and due to have another one at 32 weeks to check on some fluid on babies brain. We also booked a private gender scan at 16 weeks at Babybond. Usually just the 2 with NHS tho :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->