NHS tax credit exemption certificate.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hello,just wondering if any of you can help me.

we got our tax credit exemption certificate a month or so ago.

i am just wondering how it works.

i need to sign up to a dentists so will ALL dentists charges be free or is there a catch?
i wear glasses and im way over on having a test.
again,does ANY optitans except the certificate?
it says on letter that your entitled to
* free sight tests.
*a full value of a voucher towards the cost of glasses.

so do i need to pay anything?

thanks in advance.

Hiya hun,
When you book your appointment for the eye test you need to tell them you are exempt from paying because of xyz reason , they'll ask when you go to take proof of this. If you need glasses then you will get to choose from a certain range, You cant pick anything. You can choose others but you would have to pay for those ie like dkny or whatever or a diff frame you may have to pay extra.

HTH xx

thanks huni.

i only usually have the cheap glasses anyway.

do i get the lenses and the frames?

If its an NHS dentist then it will be free but if its just private then it would not apply to their charges.

Ive had mine for ages but we didn't realise my OH was also entitled to free dental work until his card came through the very day of his appointment, saved over £100 !

Yeh as far as i know, they will show you what you can pick from and providing you pick from that range it'll be free. I went & got my eyes tested & showed proof then signed a form, I asked about if i needed glasses & that's what they told me :)

i can remember my mum having the certificate and she got caught out as she had to pay for everything at the dentisit apart from the check up,i guess that what a private dentists then.

Do you just take your card along or the letter it came with too, got mine last week and think I threw the paper out?

You just need the card hun, so just carry it with you in your purse or something :)

eye sight 1 is complete poop.
my glasses were broke, could clearly see that. women said, you will have to pay for the test if comes back your eyes are the same and havent changed (probably been 18mnths) i was 100% sure they were worse, so went ahead with it.
luckily i was right, so i didnt have to pay BUT way i took in inform on the sheet was the card would pay for full price of new glasses & lenese, well no. I was entitled to £36 worth. So i had find a pair of glasses for that... if ever looked for glasses, you'll know they are extremely expensive. lady went onto say if you want thin lense its £78!
Said got no cheaper stuff, well got standard lense with standard frames, just took them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->