Nhs UK - 12 week scan

MrsWooolf

Reaction score
Hey

Ive been told I'll receive a letter in the post between 11 - 14 weeks pregnant with the date of my 12 week scan on it! I know im only 11 weeks 2moro so the postman waiting can begin!!!!

Just wondered when everyone else got theirs if they had letters coming?? If you dont mind sharing!

I'm in Scotland if it's diff up here lol

Hi! I got my letter through last Thursday! I'm 8 weeks now and my scan is on 22nd December, I'll be nearly 14 weeks by then I think! Hate waiting lol! Booked a private one for today tho so if all is well that will keep me going!! Hope u get your appointment through soon. Have u seen a midwife yet? X

I received mine about 10 days before my scan, which was 12+4. If you get to 12 weeks and you haven't heard, then chase it up as it ideally should be done before 14 weeks.

I got to make my own appointment and they gave me a letter there and then

i got mine last week for 5th dec, will be 12+4 then. hate the waiting tho!! :(

I recieved my letter on Saturday and have my scan on 2nd December, I will be 12+4.

I had my letter about 7 weeks ago and my scan isnt until next tuesday when ill be exactly 13 weeks... its been sooo long. Ive had 2 private scans and an EPU scan in the meantime so its been a bit better but still xx

I'm jealous of all you ladies with scan dates haha

I have seen midwife at 6 weeks, and again at 8 weeks! I'm lucky that I got an ultrasound to put my mind at ease due to cramps at 7 weeks!!! If I hadn't I'd be going crazy!!!

Seems like it's going to be a while before scan date boooo lol

I got my letter last weekend and will be having my scan next Monday when I'll be 11+2.
I think a lot of it depends on how busy the department is, you might just be in an area that's experiencing a bit of a baby boom at the moment :)

Fingers crossed you get a date soon :)

I'm in scotland too and I got my 12 week scan date through the post on a Friday and my scan was the following Wednesday! So you might not get too much notice!

Can you choose the time of your scan in the uk, me and my Husband run our own business and are short staffed at the minute I really want him at my scans so was wondering if they do late afternoon appointments close to
5pm?

i had to book my own scan, when i seen the midwife at my booking it she told me that it had all changed and that in preston you now book your own scan between 11 and 14 weeks, so i called to make the app for just before my 12 weeks and got told that they only do them after 12 weeks. stupid that they tell you and send a letter saying they will scan from 11 weeks 2 days but when you ring to make an app they tell you its from 12... no wonder people get confused!!

I'm in scotland too and I got my 12 week scan date through the post on a Friday and my scan was the following Wednesday! So you might not get too much notice!

WOOHOO this cheered me up haha thanks :flower:

Hiya sent you a pm x

My scan is on monday :D where are you all having your babies in scotland? x

Hey Mrs Woolf by any chance are you in Aberdeen? Cause I am and i turned 11 weeks yesterday and have still not received my date. I rang the hospital scanning dept yesterday and they said they are so busy right now that there is a back log. They also said that it will be closer to 13 weeks or possibly 13 & 1/2 weeks before i get my scan and i probably wont even receive my letter till im 12 weeks. But she also said to ring back on friday if i havent heard. It's just so frustrating, i've waited so long i dont feel i have it in me to wait any longer grrrrrrrrr

I am in Scotland, and I just phned the maternity hospital today as I am 11 weeks and not had a letter, they have an appointment there, just no letter arrived yet - so my advise give them a call :)

Hey Mrs Woolf by any chance are you in Aberdeen? Cause I am and i turned 11 weeks yesterday and have still not received my date. I rang the hospital scanning dept yesterday and they said they are so busy right now that there is a back log. They also said that it will be closer to 13 weeks or possibly 13 & 1/2 weeks before i get my scan and i probably wont even receive my letter till im 12 weeks. But she also said to ring back on friday if i havent heard. It's just so frustrating, i've waited so long i dont feel i have it in me to wait any longer grrrrrrrrr

I am in Aberdeen, also 11 weeks - I had to phone today, I have my scan next Thursday, which is just as well as I am in Holland the following week for work! We should be bump buddies! :)

Im in Scotland too. I got my letter last Tuesday and scan is a week Thursday (24th) when Ill be 12+2.

Lors, Yay! Thats the same day as me. x

Can you choose the time of your scan in the uk, me and my Husband run our own business and are short staffed at the minute I really want him at my scans so was wondering if they do late afternoon appointments close to
5pm?

My letter says you can phone and change your appointment if its not suitable but I think it would depend what times they have free when you call. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->