• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Nhs UK - 12 week scan

Wooohooo Mrs Wooolf you are in Aberdeen too AMAZING. I was gonna just post the number that i rang yesterday but saw that you already called them. Fantastic news on your appointment. Mine is the day before yours, pitty or we could've said hi, hey but you never know we may end up in the same antenatal classes.

So Aberdeen girlies when are your EDD??? I know they will prob change after our scans but right now im 4th June :happydance:

WOW this is so amazing to meet women so close to home haha my edd is 6th june so far but i know i didnt ovulate on the normal cd14... but a bit later so im expecting this to change by a week or so at scan :)

Yeh shame mine is the day after you, would be nice to meet but never mind you are right might end up at same classes. Tbh havnt even thought about classes or anything, never thought id even be pregnant never mind classes lol

x

Im oing to have the NT scan too and since my scan is the day before i will let you know all the details after i have my scan cause right now i have no idea.

Actually i have a midwife appointment in just over an hour so may just ask her

we are posting at same time haha thanks so much that would be perfect if you could let me know! The women who told me when app was said i was going for scan, then straight after scan you go for an appointment.... no idea what she was on about lol maybe you find out everything there x

Im getting my NT that day. I think they tell you the neck fluid levels there and then and send you a letter about 3 days later with your risk ratios. Blood results take longer to come back and will give you more specific ratios taking everything into account. x

Im getting my NT that day. I think they tell you the neck fluid levels there and then and send you a letter about 3 days later with your risk ratios. Blood results take longer to come back and will give you more specific ratios taking everything into account. x

ooo more blood work, maybe thats what the after app is for! im a major woose and use emla cream (numbing cream) haha x

ooo more blood work, maybe thats what the after app is for! im a major woose and use emla cream (numbing cream) haha x

lol. Its literally like getting blood out of a stone with me. When midwife was taking my bloods I had to actually pump my arm with the needle in it to try and get enough out to fill the vials. :dohh: Yes I think the app. after is for that and to discuss amnio etc so you know what your alternatives are when you get your results. x

ok chicas im off for my midwife appointment, i gonna ask her about the scan and see what she says then i let ya'll know x

Had my dating scan today & got the letter through about 5 weeks ago. Don't know if it makes a difference if you self refer to the Midwives (which i did) rather than go through your GP. I'm sure you'll get your letter soon :)

Woops. Should read all posts before posting. Good luck!!

Had my dating scan today & got the letter through about 5 weeks ago. Don't know if it makes a difference if you self refer to the Midwives (which i did) rather than go through your GP. I'm sure you'll get your letter soon :)

Congrats on your pregnancy! I just moved away from Edinburgh after 15 years. Im missing it already!x

I was born in Edinburgh, visit family there regular :)

I have been so blissfully happy about being pregnant actually not thought much about nt scan, getting bit nervous now that i know the date, about baby being healthy

X

ok Aberdeen ladies listen up my midwife says its a really busy department (scanning) and to bring reading material as delays are more than likely. They do your scan first and look at the fluid levels at the back of the neck, then they offer you the blood test for screening for Downs. At Aberdeen they dont scan for Neural Tube defects any more, she didnt give me a reason or explanation for this just a 'they dont do it any more'!!!!!!! She also says that if you dont get offered the blood test on the day then your midwife will do it at your 16 week appointment.

On another note she did go on to tell me that because Aberdeen is such a busy hopsital that if all goes well with your delivery & birth then you could be discharged 6 hours later!!!!!! WOW

My brain is a bit overloaded with info right now. Oh back to the Downs test, they send you a letter telling you your ratios (i.e. if you are high risk or not) anyway she says if there looks to be a problem then they contact you pretty fast but if everything is normal then it may take a while for your letter to come through.....so no news is good news.

I think thats it for now x

6 hours after birth wow haha

Can't wait to get all this testing done and can start enjoying being pregnant :) x

ok Aberdeen ladies listen up my midwife says its a really busy department (scanning) and to bring reading material as delays are more than likely. They do your scan first and look at the fluid levels at the back of the neck, then they offer you the blood test for screening for Downs. At Aberdeen they dont scan for Neural Tube defects any more, she didnt give me a reason or explanation for this just a 'they dont do it any more'!!!!!!! She also says that if you dont get offered the blood test on the day then your midwife will do it at your 16 week appointment.

On another note she did go on to tell me that because Aberdeen is such a busy hopsital that if all goes well with your delivery & birth then you could be discharged 6 hours later!!!!!! WOW

My brain is a bit overloaded with info right now. Oh back to the Downs test, they send you a letter telling you your ratios (i.e. if you are high risk or not) anyway she says if there looks to be a problem then they contact you pretty fast but if everything is normal then it may take a while for your letter to come through.....so no news is good news.

Wow Im shocked that they say the midwife will do the bloods at 16 weeks if there isnt time as that would surely be when you would want to get your amnio done (if you were going down that route.) Although Im older so its something that I probably stress about more than most! x

I'll be wearing emla cream to my scan so will be pushing for my blood test then! Lol x

Aberdeen ladies, I had blood tests taken today at week 11 by my midwife. Then scan next week and back to see midwife in 5 weeks (week 16) which just made me reaise how close to christmas it is! Maybe you should ask your midwife to do tests before as I think it is lnked to testing your iron levels etc (or did you get them on your first appt when you got your baby pack?) xx

My midwife was not quite as blunt as saying 6 hours, but she did say if all goes smoothly you are out quite quickly, but I will be in to see you the next day to maek sure you are OK so dont worry! How ute is she!?!

I have just been for my first midwife appointment and she booked me in at the hospital for my scan 20th December

I booked in with my GP at 4 weeks, and recieved my letter when I was about 7 weeks. My scan/booking in isnt until the 30th Nov. I'll be 12 weeks bang on. I paid for a private reassurance scan because I couldnt have waited that long xx

I'm in London and we have blood tests at our booking appointment before our scan (I had mine early at 7+5, but down here they tend to be around 10 weeks). I don't know if we get additional blood tests on our scan day, but I have already had my iron levels checked and have been given labelled up vials ready for my appointment at 28 weeks. I'm assuming that means I'm not expected to have more at my scan unless something was missed off.

Also I have just booked my 16 week appointment. Just as a FYI, if you need an appointment of some sort around Christmas and it's something you, rather than your MW needs to book, then I'd get on the phone quick. The receptionist I spoke to was very grateful I was thinking ahead, as she said her midwives are very stretched atm and come Christmas time it's going to be even more of a tight squeeze to get everyone in. GL Nx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"