Nice ideas on how to announce pregnancy to hubby?

Zoundz

Reaction score
OK, so I don't know if I am, and certainly it's too early to tell, but I wanted to know how some of you told your SOs, and see what ideas I could get :) I want to tell him in a quirky or special way... just not a clue how!

xx

Hello,
I found out today that I'm pregnant- still in a state of shock after a year and a half- anyways :) I announced to hubby by baking cupcakes and decorating them with pink and blue icing. :) I popped them on a cake stand. I then showed him the tests!

Might be a little dull but he got the message and then we got to eat cake so win win! x

I've thought of this a LOT! My s/o is legally blind (can't see anything) but I still want to do something cute. I think I will go with buying a pair of baby booties and placing them in his hands and let him feel them until he guesses. I suppose for a lot of couples however this would require blind folding -- which may not be a bad idea?

These are great ideas. I've also heard of people getting those huge cookies with personalised messages on and there's a clip on youtube of a couple posing in a photobooth and the woman holds up a baby hat.

I am going to write on a plate in marker so when he finishes off a nice meal one evening he will see it and we will already be having a nice evening and can have a nice toast ect Ok well in theory that's what I'd like to do but it may just blurt out

We're planning on testing together. I'm rubbish at planning a surprise - if i tested positive on my own i'd just be too excited to not blurt it our the second i saw him! We're hoping to do a nice announcement/ surprise for the grandparents though. Thinking of taking a 'and then there were 3' photo maybe sending as a card or postcard. Or if it happens near christmas/ mother's day/ father's day/ any other event - using suitable 'to my grandma/ grandad' card.

It could be adjusted for hubby by giving him a 'to my daddy' gift - seen some really cute ones where you give him some little socks or booties and write a little note to 'daddy' from baby asking him to look after them ready for baby's arrival. xxx

I've already made most of my announcement for my husband. It's a video with 1 second snippets of our kids to the music 'Heartbeats' by Jose Gonzalez. Near the end there are a few screens with text saying how the kids think he's the best dad ever and now it's time to share him with someone else. After those screens I'll have shots of the positive pregnancy tests and kids holding signs (#1, #2 and #3 on my stomach) etc. that kind of thing anyway. I've had it made for months (!!! I have long cycles) and I'm so ready to use it. He's away a lot at festivals and I'm hoping I get to plant the video on his phone before he goes away for one and then set a reminder on his phone alerting him to the hidden video so he can watch it while he's away. I think the covertness of that will make him happy.

For trying for your first you could maybe do a similar video but shots of the two of you and then do a similar thing with text saying it's been an amazing life with just the two of you, but now it's time to share your love with another person. Also if you didn't have enough video snippets you could do photos in a slideshow instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->