NICU Christmas

jandksmommy

Reaction score
I am feeling terrible this Christmas. We have decided to give our twins a wonderful Christmas here at home but that means that our little Reese will spending her first Christmas in the NICU without us (she is 3 hours away). Logically, I know that she won't know the difference and that it is important to give our other children a happy holiday but my heart hurts that I can't be with her too. I know there is no solution to this and that I just have to deal with it... It just hurts.

I hope you can feel solace in knowing that the NICU nurses and staff will be extra festive and loving to your little one on Christmas. I work in pediatrics myself, and on holidays we always give a little extra love and attention to the babes stuck in the hospital. It may not be holidays at home, but it won't be a normal, boring day either. Sending hugs.

Reese will be well looked after and will prob sleep thru Xmas, my lo was in last Xmas, we made a point of only staying an hour to give our toddler as normal a day as we old. The staff reply do make it special, we were surprised to see babies first Xmas stocking with little gifts and a handmade card from the baby waiting on us. Rest up and enjoy the twins xmas a break may help xx

Thanks so much for your kind words. We made the trip up to see her today and I got to snuggle for a few hours, give her a 'bath' and weigh her. It was so hard to leave but I know she will be loved even if I'm not there. An extra special Christmas gift is that, at 2 months old, she has finally reached 3 lbs!!! 2 more months and she will be coming home to us.

Fab weight Hun, she will quickly pile it on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->