NIFTY test anyone?

Cattia

Reaction score
I've read about this as a cheaper alternative to Harmony which we definitely can't afford. I've read women online getting this done for £295 but I can't find anywhere that does it for less than £350 and that's in London. Would like to hear anyone's experiences of this. I'm in Hampshire so need to factor in travel costs too.

I haven't had one if these tests but have looked into them as my last miscarriage was due to turners syndrome. I live in Switzerland and the NIPT I can have here is over £1500 so i might fly back to England (if this pregnancy gets that far!)
Have you seen this website
https://www.thisismy.co.uk/nipt-non-invasive-prenatal-testing/
It has loads of different testing centres all across the UK so you might not have to go as far as London however I think they charge £350! At least if you can get somewhere closer it may cut down on travel costs?

If you don't mind, let me know what you decide/your experience as hopefully I will be doing the same!

Good luck, Laura x

Thank you, yes that was the cheapest one I could find. I'm only an hour and a half from London so it might be worth it. I guess we could combine it with a trip there. I am 37 and DH is 45 so I feel like it would be worth getting this done given our age. They go Harmony near us but it's £550. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Hi there, I had the nifty test yesterday in Cardiff. I paid £450. In Bristol I was quoted £650 and there was a 3-4 week wait, which was going to be too late. The scan was brilliant, thorough and long. I don't have any high risk factors so I'm hopeful this will just be reassuring. It'll be fab to know the sex at 14 weeks too :)

Thank you, glad to hear your results seem good. Does the NIFTY test for more conditions than the NHS test or is it just more accurate and less invasive and quicker?

Thanks Cattia, They are a significant cost but I guess anything for some reassurance!
I am 33, hubby is 37, I'm not sure what our specific risk factors are but after the turners last time and knowing someone who's baby had significant problems which doctors missed on a scan, I think it will make me worry less!
Torianna, you must be so excited to find out the sex! Are you going to tell people?

The nifty test covers downs (99.9% accurate), Edwards and Patsu syndromes. The NHS nunchaku fold test is only 80% accurate for downs! nothing else. The NHS test isn't offered in Wales so I would have had to pay £200 for that test anyway.

The nifty test is perfectly safe, drawing my blood to separate out the baby's DNA from platelets which are transferred into my bloodstream. From this they can tell gender with 99% accuracy too - a bonus! I can't wait to find out and will tell people who ask. As I've already got one of each I'm happy either way.

I think relatively, £450 is a small price to pay for reassurance because for me, I couldn't cope with a special needs baby. Good luck all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->