Night shifts?

Jobi

Reaction score
Anyone here do night shifts? I am a nurse and have to do my fair share of nights but really I am within my rights to come off them. But the rota had been done before anyone knew i was pregnant so I am stuck with another 4 nights to do (just one a week).
The last one I went off sick but got one tonight and just don't know how I am going to cope! I am sooo tired all the time :sleep:and obviously nauseous, I am dreading it.
Anyone else do nights, any coping strategies??

Hey, I was down for 3 nights a few weeks back but i phoned the doctor when i was really unwell to get some tablets prescribed. She advised me not to the night shifts as sleep is really important at this early stage. I would explain to your work. My work have been excellent. I was meant to be working a double shift today but im just to tired and nauseous all the time. The smells in a care home just set me off. I hate letting people down, but then its not fair on the residents when their nurse if running off every 10mins to chuck up....lovely. I personally wouldnt being doing the night shift xx

I work for the NHS. Speak to your line manager or HR. You will probably find they will really help you. I work in mental health and am only four weeks gone. Next week I will probably have my role changed a little so I have no patient contact. Honestly, I think you need to speak to someone to explain your worries and above all, your health comes first. xx

Hey i have to do 2 night shifts in a row every 6 weeks and it kills me i have just done them (last night and the night before) as hard as it is take things slow and just do what you have to with out trying to get it all done to fast this helped me with the whole wanting to throw up all night bit of it but i still have not found anything to help keep me awake music helped a little bit i have never worked in a hospital so dont know if thats a option for you hope this helps a little bit also try to pay as little attention to the clock as you can this makes it go a bit faster.

I looked into this awhile back as I was scheduled to work rotating night shifts. From what I read, if you were already on permanent night shifts and used to them, it's probably ok to keep it up. If you rotate, or don't work them all the time, I wouldn't do it during pregnancy. It can create a hormonal imbalance since the female reproductive system works on a circadian rhythm (our body's own "clock"). If you have any doubts at all I would talk to the boss, it's better safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->