Night Sweats?? Cold flushes

staycb01

Reaction score
Hello wonderful ladies!

I wanted to ask my nurse about this but forgot and I hate to bug her with such questions sometimes :blush:
For the last week or so, I've been having night sweats where I wake up all sweaty - take the covers off and a few mins later am freezing! Or when I get up at night to use the bathroom I am just freezing! I don't have a temperature (not sick or anything). This happens all night long, and then all day long I'm more cold than normal. I don't think I had this with my 1st pregnancy - so I'm wondering how common this is and if any of you ladies experience this too? :flower:

I have no idea if it's common but I am finding my body temperature regulation is terrible this pregnancy, really feeling hot/cold at the drop of a hat. So you're not alone :flow:

I know exactly how you feel! I'm only 5 weeks as of yesterday, but since about the middle of last week I've been waking up sooo hot and sweaty, throw the blankets off and roll over and try and fall back asleep but end up freezing after two minutes, lol. Once I actually get out of bed I'll start to get kind of cold so I will walk around with a blanket wrapped around me but then out of nowhere I'll feel hot and have to start stripping :rofl: It's driving me nuts..
I've asked some family members about it and they all said it's normal and happened to them and welcome to pregnancy! :laugh2:

amber - that sounds totally like me right now LOL I'm assuming it has to do with hormones.... next time I talk to my nurse, I'll ask her and let you ladies know what she says :)

same here - im alternating between freezing cold and too hot

Same here my sleep has been crap as I end up far too hot then too cold in the space of about half an hour!

This happened to me for the first time last night at 8 weeks. I also had a bad dream so I'm not sure if it was related to that or hormones.

Same here, night sweats in very early pregnancy ( before I knew I was pregnant)and freezing cold the rest of the time

It's the worst trying to sleep at night because DH already puts off a lot of body heat anyways, so now I don't even want the blanket at night, just the sheet.. I'm definitely in desperate need for a fan to be pointed directly at me, lol.

I'm dealing with major night sweats and it's hard to sleep after I wake up drenched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->