Night time feeding

Hollymav

Reaction score
My little boy is 10 weeks old and feeding every 4 hours about 4/5 oz he takes all his bottles except his 8am feed and tends to be fairly grizzly in the morning as I don't know what is up with him but not hungry. I can't get him to drink more at his mid night feed so am just wondering whether to gradually cut down his 4am feed so that he takes his 8am feed and hopefully stop waking at 4am. Can anyone shed any advice on this or had any similar experiences I am not sure whether to just go with the flow and just hope he drops his 4am feed naturally or start trying to work it in my favour so he sleeps through the night. Claire xx

It sounds like the 4am feed is the problem, he prob doesn't really need it and hes maybe a bit tired in the morning, which could be making him grizzly? When he wakes at 4, could you settle him with a dummy and a cuddle? Or even just give him a couple of ounces?

Leo is 9 weeks and takes 5oz every 3 hours during the day and has his last feed at 11pm.

Beacause he is getting his daily requirements during the day, he doesn't need fed at night, he still wakes but I can usually settle him with his dummy and a cuddle.

I think you should def try and cut out the 4am feed, but think you would prob have to feed 3 hourly during the day to make sure that hes getting enough milk xx

Try feeding 3 hourly during the day and he should cut out the night feeds himself. I wouldnt stop the 4am feed if he is waking for it he needs it. I always feed LO on demand but he has put himself in a 3 hourly feed cycle through the day and now sleeps through.

Thanks. I will try the 3hrly feed during the day. He did last till 5.30am last night his last feed was 11.30pm. He did still wake at 4am but I just didn't feed him and he went to sleep in my arms till 5.30am. He then went backdown till 7.15am. Xx

Hi if he doesn't take all his 4/5oz bottle every 3 hrs does this matter? Should I still persist with the 3 hrly feed. Ie; he has just only taken 2.5oz but taken 4/5 oz in his last two feeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->