Night time feeds

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by kateqpr, Apr 7, 2009.

1. kateqpr

kateqpr Well-Known Member

Poppy is still feeding every 3 hours or so, so at night time i feed around midnight, OH does ff at 3am, i BF at 6am then 9am.

When is she likely to go longer between feeds, or we drop a night feed? I though the FF might stretch her out a bit at night, but no, she wakes at the 3 hour mark like clockwork!!

2. shampain

shampain Mum to Patrick! :-)

Patrick started sleeping through the night at about 9-10weekish...he did it the first time when we put him in his own room.

3. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

archie is about the same age as poppy and he stil wakes in the night too ive had the odd night where hes gone from 9-4 but usually has 3-4 hourly...i think they start going longer once their stomachs can hold a good few ounces of milk although he is taking 6 oz every feed now hes solely ff i always thought bf babies woke more frequently as breast milk is more easily digested so passes through quicker

4. momandpeanut

momandpeanut Well-Known Member

Logan still wakes every 3 hours !!! :dohh:

5. thelilbump

thelilbump ♥ mummy to a princess ♥

it was about 6-8 weeks for us. i found bfing 3 times in the evening (tea time 7pm and 9pm ish) would see her through. hope poppy gets better for you x

6. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

Rosie is 8 weeks old and she goes from 9pm till 6am most nights for about 2 weeks, so im really lucky. I would have thought the formula would have made Poppy go longer so not sure hun, hope she gets better for you x

7. caggimedicine

caggimedicine Mummy to Harry

Harry is still waking every 3-4 hours. He's had a couple of nights where he's gone 6 hours, and i've thought it was the start of things to come, but nope - the next night he's back to every 3 hours. We also introduced a FF at about midnight when he was 3/4 weeks old, and I thought it would make him sleep longer, but it didn't. I also tried giving him FF for hungrier babies to see if that worked... but it didn't! I've stopped trying now and have just come to the conclusion that he will sleep through when he's ready. Very frustrating though - particularly when you hear about other people's babies who have been sleeping through for weeks.

8. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

Hannah woke up for her night feeds until she was weaned :shock: And than we took them away cold turkey (but only because she was eating tons at night and than not eating in the mornings!)

9. Bec L

Bec L Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy

Well Poppy started sleeping through at about 6 and a half months, when she was on 3 meals a day. Before that she would wake up to 4 times a night. Sorry!!

10. angie0235

angie0235 Well-Known Member

Same as Bec! Kathryn started to sleep from 7pm to 6am when she went on 3 meals a day. Before then she went from 10.30 ish to 4/4.30.

11. emma_27

emma_27 Well-Known Member

Both of mine was like that until they was 3 months. Benn at three months would do 4/5 hours but Ellie was going 11 til 7.