Night time super soaker. suggestions?

CeliaM

Pregnant mom of 2
Reaction score
So I've been using cloth for months now, but have wimped out and have been using sposies at night. Recently those have been leaking regularily, so I figure I may as well give cloth a go. Nothing to lose!

My little man drinks like a camel who hasn't seen water in a month before bed. In the hour before I put him to bed tonight, he drank 11oz :shock: Then he'll usually have one, and often 2, 8oz bottles at night. So I need a diaper than can hold a gallon of pee or so! Really hoping he'll stop being such a little piggy at night now that we're weaning, but in the meantime, I'm tired of finding him soaked in the morning.

:help:

Any suggestions on something that keep my lo dry?

at nightimes i put leyla in an all in one waterproof nappy, with an extra soaker, then i cover that with a fleece wrap, or a plastic wrap if i dont have fleece one but imo fleece is better, she is usually nice and dry all night :D

x

BG worked well for us but other ones that were great were fitteds with fleece.

We used her nighttime version of these

https://hyenacart.com/BagshotRowBamboo/

It's really absorbent. But hard to get ahold of, she sells out very fast, within minutes. Another great one was these

https://tallulahbaby.com/simply-nights-cloth-diapers/

I had them made with bamboo velour, so very soft but very absorbent. Then we pair them with pants similar to these
https://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/staceyroo/DSC_0192.jpg

We also use just regular fleece soakers..the thing inside there, or just regular fleece pants without the extra thing..but for a heavy wetter I'd do both just to be sure he's not leaking. I think fitteds with fleece/wool will be less bulky overnight and you can get more layers in there.

where does a person buy the fleece pants and covers? (without going broke, that is!)

If you look on hyenacart.com and search for fleece pants, fleece longies, fleece shorties, fleece soakers or just fleece you will find tons of WAHM's that make them. I did a search for fleece longies and this is what I got :)

https://hyenacart.com/hc_search.php?all=fleece+longies&c=1&topsearch=1&x=0&y=0

So in an attempt to save money, I'm going to try stuffing my fuzzibunz till they nearly pop, and see if that'll work first. Last night I put in the regular insert it comes with, plus a hemp trifold on top. He woke up soaked at 1am.

Tonight I had another one ready, stuffed so full of hemp that if it doesn't work, I'll be having to do some shopping to try fitteds and covers because nothing else will fit in my FB's. I have tried a Monkey Doodlez fitted with a cover, some time ago when he drank far less, and it failed me then. But I've got a MotherEase in my stash, and just ordered up some fab doublers, and was given a fleece cover by a friend, so that will be my next go when they arrive next week if my super stuffed FB doesn't work. In this one he's got a trifold in there, and 2 33" long strips of hemp fleece folded to put a bit more stuffing in the front than back. It's over an inch thick of hemp! Pee through that Mr. PiddleKing!!!

Of course, hubby put him to bed and searched the house till he found the last sposie in the place, which of course will leak. So my experiment will wait till tomorrow....

aww hun, sounds like ur having a hard time of it, i hope your plan works :thumbup:

x

Thanks hun. I hope so! Not even a disposible can keep the monster dry till morning, so I'll just keep on trying different things! I keep hoping that with more solids, he'll start guzzling less formula!

Ah, yes, I'm very familiar with the Super Soaker!

The only thing that's worked for us has been Dream Eze organic cotton diapers with a Mother Ease Air Flow cover. Night time is the only time I use nappies that need covers. This combination is super absorbent and waterproof, and the covers let you adjust for size to get a good fit. Granted, his nappies are SATURATED in the morning, but they don't leak through the cover. And for some reason, his bottom is never upset by sitting wet in that particular type of nappy (all his other nappies 'wick' but organic cotton doesn't). Because the extra layers in the Dream Eze are only sewn at the top, they don't take tooooooo long to dry.

Thanks, I'll definately give that a go if what I've got on order doesn't work!

My experiment last night with packing the FB to the brim worked better, but he still wet through by morning. Plus he didn't drink quite as much. Sheesh.

Oh dear, sounds like you have quite a challenge!

So the saga continues... tonight as I was rocking him feeding him his bottle, I got an idea. heheh.

I've been planning on trying a fleece cover over a fitted with some extra doublers stuck in as well, but am waiting on them coming in the mail. Soooo, I have some fleece AIO Snap-EZ size large in the closet (he's a med - got a deal so bought the next size for future use), so right now King Wet Pants is wearing a Monkey Doodles fitted with a fleece Snap EZ over top. Two diapers!

Now his sleepers don't fit :)

Oh, and last night he had his night time bottle at 7, and the next was at 4am. At 7:30am he was up and drenched. Pampers failed me yet again. Humm, wonder if putting the Snap EZ AIO over the pampers would work? I've lost my mind!

Hahaha...I'm sorry. I really hope the 2 diapers work1!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->