Night workers that chart please read (or expert charters!)

gingmg

Reaction score
Even though my sleep schedule is all over the place, my chart usually has a clear shift and FF is able to determine my O date. However, I'm wondering if sometimes it's actually wrong because of the time I temp.
Example. Got a +OPK today, but working tonight so will be awake from now until tomorrow morning. When I take my temp tomorrow it will be late afternoon/evening. If my temp has drastically shifted up, FF will eventually mark my O date as today, when couldn't it really be tomorrow while I am sleeping, so by the time I actually wake up will have a higher temp? Does this make sense?

Also, what's the deal with all the open circles on my chart? They don't necessarily line up with the days I take my temp in the afternoon, sometimes the circles are from morning temps. I'm wondering now if charting isn't a 100% reliable for my situation.

I don't know about night shift, but the open circles are times when you have temped that is NOT your normal time. If your normal time is 4pm, those open circles are from when you tempted at 230pm or 6pm.

Can you start setting an alarm to wake you so that you temp at the same time every day? That might help get them straightened out.

You will also have open circles if you check "sleep deprived" in the specifics section.

I had a bunch of open circles- i work rotating shifts, and also had questioned if my "O" day will be correct because of the times i had to temp when waking... I could of ovulated almost a whole day earlier but not have known because i was working and not takig my temp. But it really is just to give u the best estimate and you have a good window by tempting even if its not a perfect chart. Honestly- the month my chart had the most open circles and i just tempted when i woke up ( didnt set an alarm, didnt stress about sleepig too long and throwing off my temps) is the month i got my BFP!! Just use it as a guide and try not to let it run ur life :) ( i felt like it was starting to control mine)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->