Nightmares/crying moaning 17 month old :(

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Ellie130891, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Ellie130891

Ellie130891 Barry(OH)and Ruby(LO) :)

The last week or so ruby has been none stop moaning

especially hen we go out- she usually loves being outside but now she is walking she wants to walk wherever she wants whenever she wants and im using reins as shes so fast i need to feel secure. she is fine with the reins but screams so hard when i try and stop her going somewhere-eg nettle bush or a road!!!

im not sure if shes teething but shes been waking every 2 hrs and then every half hour after 3-she usually wakes every 3-4 hours anyway so im doubled as knackered!!!!

she also had a lot of nightmares last night and was in our bed by 10-every time she had one she did a little shake and woke up screaming

my little happy girl has turned into a miserable screaming moaning crying-all-day thing and im at a loss s to what to do and what it is

anyone else going thru this? she just turned 17 months on friday

xxxxx

2. Ellie130891

3. ashley2pink

ashley2pink Mom to 4 girls

Sorry I dont really have advice at all, but my sisters 13 month old is kinda similar. She wakes up several times a night terrified. She has night terrors and when this happens she isnt fully awake and she doesnt recognize her Mom and will be terrified trying to get away from her Mom when her mom tries to comfort her. My sister doesnt know what to do either. I think its a phase that passes.
    My oldest is 5 and she still wakes up at night crying sometimes! But hers arent night terrors. She just wants attention so I get really upset over it, because I'm not getting much sleep anyway with a 2 month old who wakes me every 2-3 hrs.

4. ashley2pink

ashley2pink Mom to 4 girls

And I forgot to mention, but my sister also thinks that her daughter wakes up from belly aches sometimes. She has no idea why or what would cause them, but her daughter will wake up and just cry like she is in pain. This happens every night too. So she wakes up a bunch from night terrors or painful belly. Even though her daughter is 13 months she still gives her gripe water when this happens and she said it helps quite a bit

5. Ellie130891

ty hun yeah ruby looks in pain sometimes but 2 mins on the nipple and shes asleep shes woken every 2 hrs since birth but lately has slept 4 hrs at a time but last night it was every hour. think she is teething also atm and shes wanting to be in my bed which i hate because she wakes even more :( xxx