Nine days of Positive OPK...What does it mean?

smlaws01

Reaction score
Hi! I posted this in the TTC thread, but thought I might be able to get more advice here!

We are TTC our first baby and this is my second cycle using OPK. Last cycle was normal, but this time around I have had seven days of positive OPK. I tested on 11/7 with no surge, but then I had a surge on 11/8. I tested on the 9th to see if I still had a surge and there was none. I once again tested on 11/10 and I have had positives surges since then. I'm so confused. I took a HPT on 11/14 and it BFN, but I'm sure I tested too early. My period is due on 11/23.

I am using First Response if that makes a difference.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks and baby dust to all!

Oh I forgot to mention, I have had cramping in my right side that past two days. :/

I didn't start testing with opk until I was 7dpo(after stopping when I had my positive at cd14) which was a blaring positive, I had positive opk daily and still have now, got my bfp a week ago! Good luck xx

When I had days and days of positives it was a sign my hormones were not doing what they were supposed to do. However I didn't have normal cycles, and they would be anywhere from 30-50 days long. So if you have normal cycles usually probably you aren't experiencing what I was when I had days and days of positive OPKs.

Hi! I posted this in the TTC thread, but thought I might be able to get more advice here!

We are TTC our first baby and this is my second cycle using OPK. Last cycle was normal, but this time around I have had seven days of positive OPK. I tested on 11/7 with no surge, but then I had a surge on 11/8. I tested on the 9th to see if I still had a surge and there was none. I once again tested on 11/10 and I have had positives surges since then. I'm so confused. I took a HPT on 11/14 and it BFN, but I'm sure I tested too early. My period is due on 11/23.

I am using First Response if that makes a difference.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks and baby dust to all!

hello, did you get your BFP? :)

Hi Galyna,

I did not get one yet, I took a HPT today and it was a BFN....idk hopefully my BFP will come soon.

When I had days and days of positives it was a sign my hormones were not doing what they were supposed to do. However I didn't have normal cycles, and they would be anywhere from 30-50 days long. So if you have normal cycles usually probably you aren't experiencing what I was when I had days and days of positive OPKs.

Unfortunately my experience is similar. If you search threads started by me, you'll notice a few cycles where I asked the same thing. I asked here. I asked my gyn. I never got a concrete answer. But I do know those cycles my O was delayed (from cd 18 to cd 25)/questionable, and I didn't conceive. But out of nowhere this cycle I got a two day surge like usual, Oed on time, and got my bfp. So I hope you get your bfp this cycle, but if not don't get discouraged.

I would highly suggest temping in addition to doing opks otherwise just keep bding just in case

Unfortunately my experience is similar. If you search threads started by me, you'll notice a few cycles where I asked the same thing. I asked here. I asked my gyn. I never got a concrete answer. But I do know those cycles my O was delayed (from cd 18 to cd 25)/questionable, and I didn't conceive. But out of nowhere this cycle I got a two day surge like usual, Oed on time, and got my bfp. So I hope you get your bfp this cycle, but if not don't get discouraged.

I would highly suggest temping in addition to doing opks otherwise just keep bding just in case

The way my Dr described it was that body was gearing up to ovulate so my LH levels were high enough to give me a positive OPK, but my hormone levels were off just enough the my body wouldn't release the egg so it just basically was waiting. Sometimes women who have this issue can get a trigger shot to help. For me using Clomid fixed it and I got my BFP on my 4th cycle of Clomid.

The way my Dr described it was that body was gearing up to ovulate so my LH levels were high enough to give me a positive OPK, but my hormone levels were off just enough the my body wouldn't release the egg so it just basically was waiting. Sometimes women who have this issue can get a trigger shot to help. For me using Clomid fixed it and I got my BFP on my 4th cycle of Clomid.

I'm glad you got your bfp and an explanation. I just got the it takes time to conceive/heal after a loss.

Sorry for cutting in but this is really interesting because I've become pregnant on cycles where I had days of opks but then I ended up miscarrying. I never associated it with a hormone imbalance, I always assumed it just meant that I conceived. When I have an anovulatory cycle I'm usually the opposite. Instead of getting blaring opks for days on end, I get stark white negative opks with no hint of a second line. I'll still get a positive but it'll be quick, lasting only a day or so, then go immediately back to stark white negative. Maybe this is something I should look into more with my doctor.

I'm glad you got your bfp and an explanation. I just got the it takes time to conceive/heal after a loss.

I'm sorry about that :(

I had a lot of OBs treat me who should have probably just referred me to an RE because it really felt like they didn't listen or completely understand. I saw 7 different Dr's over all of the years before I found one who had actual conversations with me and gave me explanations and listened to me when I had questions regarding something I read in this study, etc.

Sorry for cutting in but this is really interesting because I've become pregnant on cycles where I had days of opks but then I ended up miscarrying. I never associated it with a hormone imbalance, I always assumed it just meant that I conceived. When I have an anovulatory cycle I'm usually the opposite. Instead of getting blaring opks for days on end, I get stark white negative opks with no hint of a second line. I'll still get a positive but it'll be quick, lasting only a day or so, then go immediately back to stark white negative. Maybe this is something I should look into more with my doctor.

Possibly! Some women have really long surges too and some don't. When I have long surges though it's because my PCOS is out of whack and usually I don't even ovulate on those cycles.

Days and days of positive opk's may mean your body is trying to ovulate but isn't/hasn't for some reason like the others have said. If it continues to happen and you're not getting pregnant discuss is with your doctor. The times it has happened to me my body was trying to ovulate but wasnt.

I eventually got my AF. I think my ovulation was off due to trying some new essential oils, I stopped taking those and started temping. Hopefully I will get a BFP soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->