nintendo ds lite

weestar21

Reaction score
has anyone got one of these?
my BIL gave one to Adele at the weekend and i think its far too advanced for her at age 5 :wacko: only reason he gave her it was because when they were up last year he promised her if she stayed for a weekend then he would get her one and she rememeberd lol

anyway we dont have the instructions for it as it was his one he gave her so ive just downloaeded the instructions for it and im wondering what you do with them :blush:

do you just play games on it or can you go online with it? all we have is the ds lite and the charger for it do wee need other stuff to acces internet or just a wireless router thing?

i really wish he hadnt given her it cos thats the v-tech smile out the window now :dohh::dohh::dohh:

thanks in advance
xxx

it connects to internet if u have wireless, but basically u just need to buy games for it, ive never read the instructions for mine, its very basic.

cool thanks for that :D

i just think shes far too younge for it and whats the difference between a normal ds and a lite?

got a wireless router comming anyway so might try it when it comes and i'll use it more :lol:

The normal ds is a different shape and has a few bits wrong that was fixed when the DS lite came out.

They do say some games can be played from as young as 3. Im presuming its just the menu system that youre finding a little difficult?

To access the internet with it you will need to but the internet pack. i bought it for mine but could never get it to work so i took it back to the shop and swapped for a game.

Check that your wireless router is compatable, some arnt. I dont have a DS lite but have the old DS, and didnt need an internet pack. All you need to do is use the main menu to find your friend code and get other peoples friend codes and then you can exchange them and play with your friends via a wifi. However as its just your 5 year old playing it personally unless she has other little friends with them to do this with I wouldnt bother, the only other way you get peoples firend codes id by going no game forums like forums for Animal Crossing etc, but the problem is you dot know who these other people are. For example with the game animal crossing you name your characters and give them catch phrases etc, and when your playing with other people characters from each persons town cross over, so if Your child is playing with someone a bit older, their characters much have somewhat offensive names etc and this will then pass on to your childs DS, teaching them things you really dont want them to know!!!

noooooooooo
she will not be having access to internet games lol im trying to find out more about it so i can use it when OH is hogging pc lol
sorry i must have came across as though she would be using it like that lol

i dont mind her playing games on it but i want to play with it :hissy::rofl::rofl:
so just trying to figure out how it all works as im pants with new technology and they bring out new stuff all the time lol

:rofl::rofl:
would but cant cos Lockys asleep and i got adeles sports day thing at 3 :(

but new carpets on friday :happydance::headspin::happydance::headspin:

soz i'll stop going on about them soon promise lol

well i'll have plenty time during the holidays need to get kids out and let Locky sleep now he will be constant nights ;)

I do really recomend Animal crossing though it is a great game, but if you and Adele play it make sure you set up seperate villages then it doesnt matter who you playu with online as it wont affect her town. Cause even when your not playing it, characters from villages you have connected with will spawn in your town complete with swear words lol!

If your interested I am prob going to be selling my games in the near future, cause I will be selling my DS.

5 is not too young at all. They have little kid games and remember you can play Nintendo advanced games on it and it doesn't require you to use the little pen. Allison is 3 years old and she plays a my little pony game.

Cat, let me know when you sell your games also. I may be interested too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"