Nintendo wii

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by claire1978, Oct 13, 2008.

1. claire1978

claire1978 Mum of 4

I hope any wii fans can answer a couple of questions for me

My hubby has asked for a wii for his bday next month, so me, my mum and his dad have all jointly put money in to get him one, my father in law has a package one from his work, it comes with the sports game, my first question is, is it worth buying the extras to play the games, ie tennis raquet etc?

Also this package was £149.99 from Sainsburys, has anyone bought a similar package, Im wondering if it comes with a controller or nunchuck?

Thanks in advance

2. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

It shyould come with one controller and nunchuck, youll need to buy another controller if you want to play two player games.
    I never bothered with the racket etc stuff, id be more likely to hit something with them :lol:

3. ccombes77

ccombes77 Well-Known Member

My husband and I have the Wii and we love it. We have had it about 1 1/2 years now. We have not bought any accessories except the nunchuck *(really is needed) and the wheel but the only reason we bought the wheel is for Mariokart (which is so much fun too) but I would not buy the accessories I feel it's a waste of money - But then again that's me !

4. elmaxie

elmaxie Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.

We have a Wii and dont have the accessories as you dont really need them but yeah nunchuck and second se tare a must for two player games....hubby had a rifle/gun type accessory which is quite cool for shooty games. Also he has plug in chargers you can set your handset/controller thing in to charge.

Emma.xx

5. claire1978

claire1978 Mum of 4

Thanks, ok so Im not going to buy the accessories then, if u can play a two player game with the controllers, what does the nunchuck do?

U can so tell Im a novice here and never played the wii before.

Im thinking of getting him the Mario Kart game which comes with the steering wheel

If u dont have the chargers for the controllers how do they get charged up? :blush: orry if im being thick

6. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

the controllers take batteries (the nunchucks dont need them)

The nunchucks connect to the wiimote to make a two handed controller kinda thing.

7. ccombes77

ccombes77 Well-Known Member

ohhhh BUT do get Mario galaxy- it's like the funnest game EVER!! Mario party 8 is pretty cool for multi players :happydance:

8. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

certain games you need different controls for including nunchuck classic control etc and some of the games you can download ...

Amrio kart is ace - however you defo want to buy another wheel only 1 comes with the game ...see shop to drop I posted an offer for the game and two karts delivered £32 had mine withing 2 days :wohoo:

9. Emmea12uk

Emmea12uk The Folic acid police!

ooohhh i wanted to buy a wii for my oh! thanks for this thread! Tis sooo useful!

10. nataliecn

nataliecn Mommy to Grady and WTT!

i love our wii!!! so much fun!!!
    we don't have any of the little accessories, just two controllers and two nunchucks...
    and it works fine. i know they try and get more money for all those useless accessories, but the motion never changes, so it doesn't matter what you use...
    i know there's some new cooking game out, and they try and make you buy a pan and spatula, but you don't need it.
    like everyone else said though, def get the wheel for mario kart.

11. pinkmac85

pinkmac85 Mom & pregnant with #2

I loooove our Wii too. OH bought it for me but I go through spurts. I go months without touching it.
    I agree tho, Mario Galaxy is fantastic..and highly addictive!!
    We dont have any fancy accessories, just the controllers and nunchucks.

12. scrubgrub

scrubgrub Guest

When I'm stressing the wii takes out my frustrations like no others. Something about swinging that controller through the air! WE have guitar hero which is fun to just sit and play, and I also went to ebay and bought some cheapo old game cube controllers, so we can download and play all of the old school nintendo games- the DH loves it. We play super mario cart on the wii when we're feeling like remember the high school days.

13. oOKayOo

oOKayOo Well-Known Member

i didnt buy a bundle just the wii itself , will need an extra controller as it will only come with one, also i bought the racket ect in a pack. It was an added x-mas present, just looks good but its not necerssary.

The nunchucks are used for games like boxing and shooting games like resident evil ect to move around with.

14. oOKayOo

oOKayOo Well-Known Member

I think im going to have to buy this mario cart game , so many people talk about it!