Nipple leaking bloody discharge???

sparky32

Mum of 1 and an Angel xx
Reaction score
Has anyone else suffered this and should i be worried? It only comes out of one spot on one nipple. I've never had this before and i'm a bit unsure what it means.

Thanks xxx

not sure hun but i would ring your midwife ad ask them

My left nipple started leaking yesterday...but it was just clear fluid. Blood could be a sign of an infection maybe? I would definitely call your doctor/midwife and ask just to make sure!

id call mw for advice cuz there shouldnt be any blood

Another thing I just thought about...are your nipples really dry? If they're dry and cracked maybe that's what the blood is from rather than actually leaking blood where milk should come from.

Only time I ever noticed blood was when I was pumping to hard....are you sure its red and not like a yellow/orange?

Its definitely red blood i dabbed it with tissue to make sure and it was bright red blood. I have my check up on monday so i will chat to my midwife about it. My nipples arent dry or cracked, i have to take balneum baths & cover myself head to toe in moisturiser due to me have ostetrics cholestasis. I sure am having fun in the later stages if this pregnancy, itchy body all over and bleeding nipple oh dear i should laugh or i'll just greet!

Thank you all for your replies xx

Well once I woke up in the morning and my husband noticed a tiny drop of blood on my white top, just where my left nipple is, he said that my boobs leaking blood instead of milk and was teasing me about it. I wasn't sure if it came out from my nipple as when I went to the bathroom and checked they looked perfect to me, I tried to squeeze it but nothing came out at all. After few weeks I noticed something similar again inside of my bra but really tiny tiny bit. I will mention it to my midwife next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->