Nipple Shield Question

welshwarriors

Joseph & Charlotte's Mum
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for it...but I defo want to breastfeed baby no2. My son wouldn't latch on at all and after no support from the midwife I gave up after 2 days. :cry:
I've got invented nipples so after some research online I came to the conclusion that I need to give them a go with no2.

Now my question....how do you know which size is right for you and the baby?! :shrug:

Thanks in advance x

I used nipple shields for the first 7 weeks and the LC fitted them for me. :)

I just checked online and there doesn't seem to be any LC local to us

i had to use nipple shields the bf adviser said for me to use small ones but couldnt find these any where so i used medium ones my lo latched on fine at the time he was only small and weighed 6lbs 13
i had an inverted nipple and found the shields pulled it out so when my lo didnt want to use the shields any more he could latch on fine on that nipple :)
good luck :)

Thanks...that helps a lot....on my nxt trip to town I'm gonna get some cause this time I really really want to breastfeed. lol

I would recommend the Medela ones. I would try without first though, I also have inverted nipples and LO managed to latch, im now having to use them as he has nipple confusion but thats another story! lol

I just bought the generic ones from Boots. Did the job fine until we went cold turkey and got off them.

my hospital gave me mine... i wasnt aware there was diff sizes tbh.
they were a lifesaver - i wouldnt still be bf without them!
we gave them up cold turkey when lo was a few weeks old - had convinced myself they would decrease my supply (they hadnt, but i was convinced they woudl!)

I looked at the medela ones and the reviews are really good...so gonna get them.

Thanks for all the advice xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"