Nipple Shield recommendations??

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
Anyone??? I'm in pain and not seeing the MW till monday and she's not latching on right - I need a quick fix until Monday.

Can anyone recommend a particular brand??

i'm the same but not seeing mine untill thurs!!!!

:hugs:

xx

i'm sure i just had the basic one's from mothercare, they were quite good. :hugs:

I didn't find nipple shields helped me at all with Savannah, they hurt more actually. I used to give her feeds through a syringe when she wasn't feeding right.

When I was having issues I used the medela brand ones. They come in all sorts of sizes so you should be able to find something that will work for you. I got mine from the hospital NICU when Brooklynn was in there so I'm not sure what stores would carry them.

I used the thin solicone type ones from mothercare as Tabs found it difficult getting on initially as my nipples were sooooo small...lol huge now! After about a month she didnt need them as she got the hang ok

:hi:

Sorry to hear your in pain !! :( I was there too.... BIG :hug:

I didn't get on with the shields... I found it hurt even more. maybe just me :shrug: but the ones I tried were the MAM ones and the Avent ones... expensive job I tell ya !!!

I have a fab tip for sore nipples though... Jellanet !!! You can get it from any pharmacist.. I got mine from a Sainsbury's one... It's a gauze with a moisturising lubricant on it, and you pop a bit over the end of your nipple between feeds... It really helps to keep the skin supple so that you don't feel the stretch so much when babe latches on again.

Also there was a fab video which Margerle posted in my thread... I'll have to go find it... That's what saved me in regards to latching on.

brb xxx

https://www.babyandbump.com/breast-bottle-feeding/61206-latching-technique-saved-us.html

Thanks bud!! The mw came today and said Im doing it right and my nips should settle now my milks come in. I couldnt get any shields locally and had too much on to go looking for some so I've just cracked on as best I can. :shrug:

Right - let me go look at this vid....

x

Medala ones are fab if you have small nipples. Tom was used to my small nipples so wouldnt latch onto shield with large teats. Medala comes in small which was perfect.

i used medela silicone one...worked well and was thin enough you felt warmth through it....good for bonding

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->