Nipples

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Just wondering how you know to go up from slow flowing nipples to medium flow, and then when you know to go from there to fast flow. Is it an age thing or are there signs that baby is ready to move up?

Also, if you know what age it's usually around for each change that would be helpful also :)

Thank you!!

I think most nipples will say the age..I think slow is 0-3 months if I'm correct!

We just moved LeeAnne up to medium flow today because it's been taking her 45-1hr to take a bottle (totally annoying at 3am!)

We switched to a stage two (which she's still on) at 5 weeks, cause that's when rice cereal started going into her bottle

Hannah never liked the slow flow so we went to the fast ones within a few days of coming home

Thanks for the replies. I'm in a rut of sorts, Elyse takes FOREVER to finish her bottle sometimes so I wonder if maybe she needs to move up to medium flow, other times she seems to suck faster than she can swallow and she makes a huge mess of her clothes (always seems to be when I decide to skip putting a bib on her lol!)

Claire's been on a Stage 2 for about a month and a half now. You'll find that once she gets older (and stronger!) she'll take less time to drain a bottle. At two months, Claire would take around 20-25 mins to down 7oz. At 3 months she was able to down 7oz in 10-15mins.

Once her jaw muscles get stronger it'll help. You could try a faster flow, just be on the look out for her choking as she might get too much milk at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->