Nipples!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by calypso, Mar 31, 2011.

1. calypso

calypso One beautiful Daughter!

Last night I was sitting in bed talking with DH. I was moving around and had really sore nipples. I took off my shirt to inspect and they are red, peeling, sore! Like the areola is cracking. They have been looking like they are peeling for days. Googled and it says normal... But I want some relief. Any of you had this? Suggestions on what to use?

2. Pixiegirllily

Pixiegirllily Mummy of 1

not yet but i too have read its normal.. mine are sore though ouchie!xx

3. AFatKindaThin

AFatKindaThin Well-Known Member

Mine sometimes dry.and flaky and I just put e45 cream on them. If they are really bad I would contact your doctor. X

4. yeah i have this. red, peeling nipples. ugh its gross. mine get itchy too. use some cocoa butter

5. oboeverity

oboeverity Mummy to Ted and Willem

Mine haven't this time, but they did with DS. I HAVE noticed that they get erect a lot, and that HURTS! e45 or similar xx

6. daddiesgift

daddiesgift Mom of Two

Mine are sore and sometimes dry but not peeling yet! Itch FOR SURE. I know its best to wear a bra at all times but it itches 10times more with them on so im bad about not wearing them. I use lotion everyday on them same time I put it on my stomach. Usually after shower or before bed. I use anything with Vitamin E in it. Usually after I lotion up they feel better so maybe try that?

7. calypso

calypso One beautiful Daughter!

I will try lotion. My sister says breastfeeding cream for cracked nipples. And yes, definitely itchy and worse with a bra!

Thanks! Lets see if it helps. I will be asking doc at my next appointment in a week if they don't improve.

8. Jollybean

Jollybean Well-Known Member

biofem is specially for this. Not tried it myself as not had it bad. I'm in two minds about nipple creams. As going by the breast feeding leaflet given by midwife it says not to use them ? X

9. inperfected

inperfected Mum to a 29 weeker

I have had it twice and both times lanisoh I.e. Lanolin has worked utter wonders :)