Nissan Micra - will a pram fit in the boot?

daddy2b

Reaction score
Hi,

My wife and I have been pregnant now for over 14 weeks :happydance:

She drives a little Nissan Micra similar to the one below:

https://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/galleries/motoring/themostefficientsecon-handcars/large/NissanMicra2004.jpg

Question is: she want to start looking for a pram and we can't find out what the boot measurements are the above car.

Does anyone know if a decent travel system (like the Bugaboo Cameleon) fit in the boot? :shrug:

We don't really want to sell and buy a new car. Any ideas?

Hello, congratulations!

My Mum has a similar sized car and got our pram in the boot, most fold pretty small. I also drive a small car and manage, though pram and shopping is a different matter, but then I just fill up the front seat. A slightly more pressing issue is whether the airbags can be turned off in the front as if not the baby will have to go in the back and the seats are a pain to get in and out of a little 3 door car (it's buggered my back up!).

When at pram shops ask for one that folds small to fit in small car, that's what we did, was recommended a Babystyle Oyster, still looking though!

The back seats on the micra slide forwards to make the boot twice the size, you should easily then get a pram in. I had a micra and it was great for moving things. The only downside is that with the seats forward you may not the baby seat easily in the back.

If I were you I'd go to babies r us or mothercare and get them to try it.

This is my biggest worry to, i have the same car.
Hopefully a shop will be able to reccomend a pram that folds easily and fits

my quinny buzz fits into my nissan micra :D It folds up really small so i was so happy when i tried it in my micra and it fitted in the boot :happydance:
xxx

i dont know about where you are but when i went to the shops and asked if i could try to put the pram in the car. They are display ones so theey usually don't mind. The sale assistant will come with you to your car just to make sure you dont try to steal it. It help us decide which pramm we wanted with our second

I have went to Mothercare and asked what prams would fit in my boot and the assistant tried a selection of 5 they had in stock in the boot, they were Bugaboo Cameleon, Mothercare My, Mothercare Spin, Silvercross Surf and Quinny.

I then went to an independent shop and got a Babystyle Oyster and a ICandy Cherry in.

Then I went to another independent and got a Concord Neo and a Bebecar Act in.

I've got a 3 door Peugeot 207.

I am debaring know, child in front seat with airbag off or struggle with putting it in back!

I managed to get my silvercross 3D in the back of my friends older shape micra so thats smaller again. Yes there wasnt a lot of room but the 3D is a massive pram so Im sure one for the smaller options like an Oyster or Icandy will fit in just fine.

I managed to fit my niece's huge maclaren pram in the back of my old toyota yaris and my friend could also fit it in her daewoo matiz so I would imagine a Nissan Micra would be fine :)

I am debaring know, child in front seat with airbag off or struggle with putting it in back!

I really would recommend turning the airbag off and putting the baby in the front if you can, especially while it's just the two of you in the car as regularly putting a baby in and out is awful. I can't turn my sirbag off and it drives me insane!

I have read a link on her from a lady asking about bugaboo or uppababy vista (as to which to buy.) anyway someone commented the reason they went for vista is cos it fitted in her fiesta boot

A friend had a Quinny Buzz and a Ford Focus. She could get the pram in the boot but had to detach one wheel for it to fit. not sure if this helps!

i would just take the prams out of the shop and try them in your car x

Thanks all. Some REALLY good advice and comments :happydance:

I've had a think and looked at the suggested prams you mentioned thanks :flower: I've also found the one I want but I dont' think Mothercare do them :wacko:

It's a Graco Symbio Travel System Including Pack 93 - Moon

https://www.kiddicare.com/wcsstore/ConsumerDirect/images/catalog/KC16255/KC16255_l.jpg

Will this fit in a Nissan Micra? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->