No appetite

Leafy

Reaction score
I have no appetite whatsoever! For about 4 days now I haven't really been able to eat. At first I thought I was just ill but now i'm feeling nauseous on top of it when I think of having to force myself to get food.

Is anyone else struggling to eat? NOTHING is appealing!!!

I managed a few bits of orange today & that's it.

Totally with you. I do have hypermesis which the meds helping with but midwife yesterday said I need to try and eat. But I just don't want anything. The thought of food makes me feel ill. All I can manage is a couple of grapes before I'm so full I feel sick. I'm so so happy to have a healthy baby but can't wait for this damn hypermesis to do one :(

Are you actually being sick then? I was thinking yesterday, if I was sick it might give me some relief!!!! Which is how desperate I was because I have a fear of being sick lol. Its just constant nausea. I am even forcing myself to drink. I just dont want a thing!

I was being sick non stop. Had to have two lots of iv fluids and they diagnosed me with hypermesis. Tried to get it under control but in the end had to have meds to help as much as I didn't want them. I'm grateful the sickness is a bit more under control now but I'm still having constant nausea which means I just don't want to eat anything. I agree though that the sickness does actually give relief from it. I'd rather it to feeling sick for hours on end. I'm just not hungry, I don't fancy anything food wise. In a I feel sorry for myself mood lol.

I still feel that way, and have been feeling that way since about 5.5 weeks. But once I start eating, I'm okay. I was so nauseous that it was affecting my work... I was running to the bathroom many times a day to dry heave. I threw up a few times, but I was prescribed to diclegis, which has been a miracle worker. I only take half of a normal dose, and it works wonders! Even on the meds though, I'm still not looking at food and thinking "YESSSS... GET IN MY BELLY"... can't wait to get somewhat of an appetite back. :dohh:

Im similar, no real appetite esp at night. All i seem to enjoy is cereal and if i crave anything its something laden with calories and crap (cake today). Ive gone off fruit too, thankfully still ok with veggies when i can be bothered to eat x

I was just starting to get my appetite back, but its gone again.

Just try to get anything down thats healthy. I found if I eat really really slow then I can get a bit of food down. I have oatmeal for breakfast and find it nice and filling and does't upset my stomach to much when eaten slow. I get a couple bites down. I have been having a green smoothie at breakfast and lunch and think that gave me good nutrients...till this morning when I wasn't able to keep it down.

Just don't eat too much, I know it makes me feel horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->