No baby yet...

kimfrye661

Reaction score
Just thought id ask some questions. I am due August 27th and I have no idea what to expect. Obviously sleepless nights and crying, but I really have no idea how to even take care of a newborn. For the first time moms, how hard was it for you? Im just so terrified im going to break down and not be able to do it. My husband and I live with my parents (im 20, hes 21) and I just get nervous. My mom has a strict sleeping schedule, and im just terrified of the baby waking up everyone in the middle of the night. Are their cries that loud? Is it screaming?

Also, do you get used to the gross parts of motherhood? I have a severe phobia of vomiting, so thats obviously an issue with me. For the mothers with weak stomachs, did you get used to seeing poop and vomit? Did it bother you? I just hope I can get past all this and be a good mother. I'm so scared.:(

I found my mum the biggest help for the first few weeks after having Savannah. If you put bub in your room at night then you will hear it sooner and chances of it waking up the rest of the family is less likely.

I have a phonia of vomitting but for some reason Chloe's hasnt affected me. the crying can be loud, but as sarah said if the baby is in your room it wont get to that point.

just keep an open mind, its scary how it just sort of comes to you, once the baby comes you have no choice, and you WILL be abe to do it :hugs:

I hope you're right! I've always had a weird phobia with vomiting...even hearing the sound of other people getting sick kills me. I would feel like a horrible mother getting grossed out and freaking out over my child's...so I hope it won't get to that point.:(

It's so different when it's a baby, they don't make any sound and all it is is milk. It doesn't even really register as vomit tbh

i agree, it hardly does register as vomit! tbh when maddi is sick/poo is doesn't affect me at all, she's my daughter and she needs cleaning up, and i would hate for her to be uncomfortable.
as for the sleepless nights, the first few weeks go by quickly, and then you gradually get into a routine! your'll be fine :hugs: x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->