no bowel movement in 24 hours :/

xxkayla89xx

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Hope you are all well :)

My LO is 9days old and has been having bowel movements everyday up until today, should I be worried? She doesn't seem to be in any pain, her nappy's are still wet.. This is my first baby so I don't know whether its normal for a newborn to go 24 hours without a bowel movement.. Any answers will be much appreciated xx

Ds2 would only poo every other day when he was very little so if LO seems ok and as you say you are still getting wet nappies, I wouldn't be too concerned.

The first few days my LO was pooping 3-4x a day and now she goes once every other day. So long as she has frequent wet diapers & doesn't seem to be in any pain and she ends up going in the next 24 hours she should be fine. I'd say if she doesn't end up going in the next 48 hours I'd call her doctor to be on the safe side =)

My little guy went 4 days without pooping around that time... he kept doing it too... hes actually doing the same now. hes fine though and im sure yours is too! they said as long as theyre still peeing chances are theyre fine!

It's normal for them to go a few days without pooping when they're little. Not that the midwives tell you that! lol xx

Oh yeah, totally normal! My LO had a poop every time she ate for the first week or so and then they spaced out. Is your LO breastfed? Breastfed babies are rarely constipated and sometimes go a week between poops as they get older.

Thanks ladies, she had a bowel movement an hour after I posted this haha xx

Of course she did! Those babies, always worrying us... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->