No Braxton-Hicks??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by ChocolateC, Oct 5, 2013.

1. ChocolateC

ChocolateC Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm 32 weeks, 4 days and still haven't felt a Braxton-Hicks contraction. I've felt little crampy twinges on the lower right side but that doesn't sound like B-H at all. Is it possible not to feel them??? I'm a first-time mom so I have no experience with this!

2. crossedfinger

crossedfinger Hannah's mommy and TTC#2

I felt my first one at 36 weeks. I still only feel them when I go on walks, and my due date is in 2 days. I've been hooked up to the non stress test machine, and the doc told me I was having them, but I don't feel a thing.

3. lotuspetals

lotuspetals Well-Known Member

I felt my first one today, actually. I ended up having two...at least that I noticed. I've heard some women don't get them, or have pregnancies that do and others that don't.

4. Wilsey

Wilsey Mummy of two!

Apparently everyone gets them but not everyone feels them.

5. whittnie117

whittnie117 Well-Known Member

you could just be one of the lucky ones and don't feel them. To most women, they don't hurt and are just tightenings of the uterus. For others, like me, and a very small percentage, they hurt. I am getting real contractions now though, so I never know what is BH and what is real or if it's a combinations of both. It's all very confusing. I think all women are different, but there are some that don't feel them until much later and there's a little bit of a consensus on how they 'should' feel.

6. crossedfinger

crossedfinger Hannah's mommy and TTC#2

My waters broke this morning and I am still not feeling the majority of my contractions. So I guess it's perfectly normal for some women.

7. george83

george83 Well-Known Member

With my first I never felt them. When I went into labour I didn't think it was real labour but that they were bh, turned out I was wrong

8. zanDark

zanDark <3 IVF mom <3

I've only just started getting what I *think* are BH this past week. Mostly when I've been walking or standing too long and climbing stairs. They're not painful, they just make my bump feel weird and hard. :shrug:

9. lornapj83

lornapj83 Love my babies

This is my 5th pregnancy and only had them on this one and last pregnancy

10. ChocolateC

ChocolateC Well-Known Member

So interesting how one pregnancy can be totally different from another for the same woman... thanks for the advice. Crossedfinger, congrats on having your water break--hope baby is here soon!

11. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

I didn't get any in my first pregnancy, this time round though all the flippin time!

12. Yipee

Yipee Well-Known Member

I'm 37 1/2 weeks and am not sure if I've felt any either. I was a crampy for a few days around 37 weeks and now nothing again.

I've also sometimes gotten cramps in relation to gas or loose bowels (sorry, TMI) and I'm not sure if it's the loose BMs causing the cramps, or the cramps causing the loose BMs. I told my doctor, and she said yeah, could be either way. She wrote in my file "possible contractions."

13. sherple

sherple mam of 3 gorgeous girls

Im 34 weeks tomorrow and this is my 4th pregnancy and ive never had any at all. I get twice weekly ctg monitoring and none show up on that either. Im often on for 2-3 hours at a time too.