No Braxton-Hicks??

ChocolateC

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 32 weeks, 4 days and still haven't felt a Braxton-Hicks contraction. I've felt little crampy twinges on the lower right side but that doesn't sound like B-H at all. Is it possible not to feel them??? I'm a first-time mom so I have no experience with this!

I felt my first one at 36 weeks. I still only feel them when I go on walks, and my due date is in 2 days. I've been hooked up to the non stress test machine, and the doc told me I was having them, but I don't feel a thing.

I felt my first one today, actually. I ended up having two...at least that I noticed. I've heard some women don't get them, or have pregnancies that do and others that don't.

Apparently everyone gets them but not everyone feels them.

you could just be one of the lucky ones and don't feel them. To most women, they don't hurt and are just tightenings of the uterus. For others, like me, and a very small percentage, they hurt. I am getting real contractions now though, so I never know what is BH and what is real or if it's a combinations of both. It's all very confusing. I think all women are different, but there are some that don't feel them until much later and there's a little bit of a consensus on how they 'should' feel.

My waters broke this morning and I am still not feeling the majority of my contractions. So I guess it's perfectly normal for some women.

With my first I never felt them. When I went into labour I didn't think it was real labour but that they were bh, turned out I was wrong

I've only just started getting what I *think* are BH this past week. Mostly when I've been walking or standing too long and climbing stairs. They're not painful, they just make my bump feel weird and hard. :shrug:

This is my 5th pregnancy and only had them on this one and last pregnancy

So interesting how one pregnancy can be totally different from another for the same woman... thanks for the advice. Crossedfinger, congrats on having your water break--hope baby is here soon!

I didn't get any in my first pregnancy, this time round though all the flippin time!

I'm 37 1/2 weeks and am not sure if I've felt any either. I was a crampy for a few days around 37 weeks and now nothing again.

I've also sometimes gotten cramps in relation to gas or loose bowels (sorry, TMI) and I'm not sure if it's the loose BMs causing the cramps, or the cramps causing the loose BMs. I told my doctor, and she said yeah, could be either way. She wrote in my file "possible contractions."

Im 34 weeks tomorrow and this is my 4th pregnancy and ive never had any at all. I get twice weekly ctg monitoring and none show up on that either. Im often on for 2-3 hours at a time too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->