No card on Mothers day :/

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Sorry I know this isnt pregnant related. Just needed a vent. My partner didn't get me a mother's day card.
The excuse was has had no time and I bought you lots for Valentines day. I didn't realise it was one event per year!
Little bit gutted and with the hormones taking over I just keep crying. It's so silly there's so many things going on in the world and I'm crying over a blooming card. :dohh: grrrrr all week my DD has been crafting and making things for mine and my partners parents and rushing around to get it ready and in the post so they would have it for today with no thought from my partner.:shrug: it's not like it's a surprise event to catch partners out. There's always next year I suppose! X

my husband is working today and all of my kids forgot. I wasnt impressed. Oh well maybe next year.

Oh no :( not the best but can you still make the most of this lovely day & weather we seem to be having! Go out for a nice lunch with your OH & daughter? Or for a walk and a drink at a pub or something? You should be allowed to have a treat :)

I'm sorry, I know that it's hurtful, even though it wasn't meant to be. My first Mother's Day as a mother, my partner didn't get me one either and I was pretty upset too.

Thanks, I've taken myself off duty for the day and I'm sunbathing as long as the sun stays out I'm staying out! X

I'm the same. The hormones don't help. It's sounds so silly but it makes u feel so unappreciated. I always feel like mothers day is special. Most mothers beat themselves up a lot wandering if we'RE good enough and a simple card today of all days would have been nice. Oh well xx

I think that to some men, things like this just don't matter. Like if you didn't get him a father's day card he wouldn't care. It's just how some guys are, their strengths are in other areas. HOWEVER... If it is very important to their partners they really should try their best to remember things like this, it's not that hard to just think about something. I hope your day gets better!

I would feel hurt even if I wasn't dealing with pregnancy hormones so I don't blame you. And about guys not caring whether they get a card or not, not mine! His bday just passed, I made him his favorite cheesecake (with candles and singing), his favorite dinner (beef wellington, no small feat) and got him a card from our baby. All of this and he was mad I didn't get him a card. I wanted to wring his neck! Ok personal rant over, moral of the story is guys are ridiculous :rofl:

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->