No change in OPK results??

RachelShea

Reaction score
I thought that OPK strips were supposed to get darker and darker each day as you approach O, but mine all look almost exactly the same. They started out pretty dark (but not quite positive, I think) right out the gate and have been that dark every day since. I have a 27 day cycle so expected to O around CD 13 or 14, so was thinking I'd see a + OPK around CD 12, but it looks just as dark as every other day in my cycle. Has anyone else experienced a non-typical OPK progression? Do you think it will just never be positive? What would cause my LH levels to be so moderately high throughout my entire follicular phase??

Attachments

• 35432964_10216025761299864_2156348000937443328_n.jpg
    35432964_10216025761299864_2156348000937443328_n.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 23
Just keep testing. People O late.
Never use first morning urine. Test every 12hrs.

I will keep testing and hope that one comes up super dark and obvious eventually! I just wish they started out really light and got darker and darker each day like I feel like they're supposed to. I almost thought it was positive on CD 8 but then the next day it was lighter again. So confusing!

Mine do not gradually get darker. I would get hopeful them bam almost stark white and bam positive. I certainly O but I don't have a gradual progression. I really only tend to use opks if I have EWCM or around time I normally O.

With ttc #1 I also used the digital opk to confirm if I was unsure. Not the advanced digital, just the basic one.

Mine has been the same! I’m new to opks as well. I’m on cd 18 now and finally have some darker lines, so I’m hoping tomorrow will get me a positive. Maybe we have a later o and slightly short luteal phases?

They don’t gradually get darker. Some people have LH that registers throughout their cycle, some days it will be darker or lighter depending on pee concentration. I’ve used OPKs for 2 of 3 pregnancies, for over 6 months each time, and mine have always had slight lines throughout the cycle. Sometimes they go almost positive, then back down again. If you read up about LH it doesn’t gradually build up, you have a surge of it. That can be a linear or non linear surge, so lots of opks from different people do not follow the same pattern.

Mine stay dark (positive) for 3 days.

This is exactly what's happening to me.. I had my implant taken out nearly a month ago and I waited nearly two weeks then started testing daily to be safe.. they all look like yours in the afternoon. Faint lines but some convincing that it's about to start then it goes again.
It's so frustrating and I'm very achey and crampy. I'm worried it'll take months for anything to happen.

But anyway yes I always get lines on the cheapies and my clearblue monitor went up to the middle level of fertility but nothing has progressed. I'm here waiting for the elusive egg with you!

I hope you ended up with positive opk! I finally got my positive cd19.

I'm still waiting :( getting ewcm finally though. No change on the tests.
Sorry if you weren't talking to me though haha x

I was! Sorry you haven’t had a positive yet. :( But ewcm is promising! I almost had it when I had a mini-surge around 13-14 dpo, then then it went away. I finally had true ewcm right before I finally had my positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->